Wishlist for '07

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 05:19 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Default Re: Wishlist for '07

Somehow keep the great engine and IMA, but make it a "plug -in " to drive on short commutes w/o gas!

Old 05-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZMerf
Funny I don't miss mine as much as I thought I would. I still have it in my Escape and I always forgot to open the shade much less open the roof.
I really wanted a sunroof also, mainly because they are so quiet and you don't feel like you're getting blown out of the car like you do with the front window open.

But today I was driving around town with the windows open and was surprised at how little wind and wind noise there was (blowing on me, at least). Very different from other cars I've owned. Of course, you still can't get the sun overhead this way....

Old 05-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
My gripe with the auto-stop restarting the engine when moving from 'drive' to 'park' is that it plain out isn't necessary. My foot never left the brake pedal, so why should the car expect me to attempt powered motion?
To get around the problem of the engine starting back up once I'm in my garage and auto-stop is already engaged, I turn the key half-way off first, then put the car in park.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clyde2575
1) auto head lights

2) rain sensing wipers

3) Auto unlock when you turn off the car, I love the auto lock and would love the unlock
The car DOES have this feature. See the owner's manual and it will tell you how to program the driver's door to unlock once the car is turned off. I programmed mine to do so and love it!

Old 05-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
One button per function please.
An AM button, and a separate FM button.
And only one FM button.
I don’t know anyone with more than 5 presets.
FM1 and FM2 is just extra hassle.

Every time I have to change the time I have to look in the owner’s manual.
How bout a button labeled “Change Time”?

I have dark blue upholstery.
But door armrest is light in color so it will get dirty quickly.
Make it dark blue also.

The Civic horn sounds very wimpy.
Give us the beefy horn in the Accord.
Then we won't be too embarrased to use it.
1. I guess I'm weird...I actually use all 12 presets!
2. Funny you mention the "wimpy" horn....our other car is an Accord and my wife laughs every time I lock the car and the horn on the Civic honks!

Old 05-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Hyper Hybrid Dude

Honda sure has put a lot of thought into the new 06 model, and any changes they make for next years Civic will be minimal at best. I really like a lot of the features of the HCH II as they are.

Things like... (with all do respect to the other posts)
- The seats...a whole lot...they are firm and fit great.
- The dash and interior design...cool in so many ways.
- The fact that there is not a read windshield wiper. Yuck!
- The front cup holders...none better. Even has a cover!!!
- The fact that there is no sun roof....never use them...and hate the sun on my head while driving.
- The fact that there is no heated seats or mirrors, or a full size tire...keep the weight and cost down, please.
- The fact that it took me way to long to figure out how to operate the climate controls, but now I like them and would not change a thing.
- The AUX input....I use it everyday.
- The AC....keeps me cool even on the HOT days.
- The location of the hand brake...All cars should be so user friendly.
- The wheels...sorry, I like them.
- That 50mpg is obtainable and sustainable...need I say more.

However, there are a few items that can be improve upon for next year.

- I really like the center arm rest since it moves forward and back, but sometimes it moves too easy. Maybe it should have a some type of locking feature.
- Rear cup holders in the doors would be nice.
- I like the sun visors, they don't feel cheap, but extensions would be nice as suggested by Kenny.
- A button on the steering wheel that lets you enable or disable the Auto Stop feature, (the brake pedal/reduced speed still required, of course). Sometimes, Auto Stop does not turn the engine off when I want, i.e. drive thru's, and other times it turns the engine off when I don't. i.e. stop signs. This would solve the Auto Stop parking problem.

I keep trying to remind myself that the car is still a Civic. What Honda has done with this car over the years is simply great! Keep up the good work.

Last edited by westweb; 05-02-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

Originally Posted by wstiefer
To get around the problem of the engine starting back up once I'm in my garage and auto-stop is already engaged, I turn the key half-way off first, then put the car in park.
I've been doing this myself, only with the pattern of:

Shift neutral
Set hand brake
Turn key back one notch
Shift park
Foot off brake
Turn key off

But the core problem remains... I've got my foot on the brake, so I'm obviously not planning on going anywhere. Don't start the engine just because I change gears.