what are your complaints about the Honda Civic Hybrid...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 02:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what are your complaints about the Honda Civic Hybrid...?

For comparison, here's the city test:

Old 08-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Enthusiast

On the whole, a fine vehicle.
Two minor complaints:

1- The cabin air circulating fan ramps its speed up to quite a loud roar when in AUTO, at least in my car. The first time it did this, I turned it off because I was worried that it was going to blow up! Now I'm used to it.

2- I occasionally don't get the clutch pedal down all the way at a stop (it's a manual trans). Then as I'm ready to go again, the engine doesn't turn back on when the clutch is let out, so I have to push it all the way down again . I'm aware that I should always get the pedal down in the first place (don't want to ride the clutch!) but every once in a while I still forget. Not a biggie.

3- The Honda security system booklet is tough to navigate. It needs a rewrite in my opinion. Oh-- that's not a complaint about the car....

Peter

Old 08-16-2005, 08:32 AM
HCH Enthusist

The only complaint i have about this car is this:

I WANT MY AUTOMATIC SUN / MOON ROOF OPTION .... like the EX has
Add the option for GPS nav would be nice like the Prius.

I dont see why they dont have that option. Other than that i love my Hybrid.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have had several trim pieces start to come undone. Lower passenger door seal, front airdam lower rubber, and the passenger window trim. I also find the driver's seat a little uncomfortable. Other than that, all's well.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Hybrid True Believer

My only pet peeve is that the idle-stop doesn't keep stopping the engine in stop & go traffic. I have to get the car back up to 10 MPH before the idle-stop will trigger again.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Enthusiast

Ditto the rubber trim on the dorr bottoms and air dam. I messed up my air dam the very first parking lot I parked in. The paint does seem a bit thin and the sheet metal as well. I have never had a Honda before but I'll admit, I was expecting a little more substance to the basics of the exterior and interior. I do love the car and its changed my driving habits considerably. I will be taking it in for 10k service and the recall notice. I see some folks rotating tires at 15k not 10k. Is that reasonable or is 10k probably better ? Messed with the locks earlier today and see did find a combination of holding this and pulling that to where you could loack the car w/o use of the key or fob. That will help a bit as I really don't like carring the fob but also hate pointing the key to the door everytime I get out. Take a look around most key holes and you'll see why. I have really enjoyed this thread. Pete

Old 08-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

if you dont like carrying the fob or using the key, then how do you get back into your car after locking it from the inside??

Old 08-18-2005, 02:10 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Ahhh, I just remembered what my wife whines about. No central lock button on the right front pax side.

Old 08-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by inFiniTE LooP
if you dont like carrying the fob or using the key, then how do you get back into your car after locking it from the inside??
I can use the key to get in later. I just don't like having to use the key to lock it when every other car I've owned lets you power lock it with the button inside and close the door. It's simpler than having the key or remote in your hand, especially when carrying something. I like opening the rear door, then locking them all with the power lock, then getting my briefcase and other items out of the back seat and closing the door with evrything locked. This way, by the time my hands are full all the locking has been done already. With a honda you have to keep the key (or remote) out and lock the door with your hands full.

Though the tip from an earlier post does work so I do that now - I hold open the door handle while pushing the power lock button. I didn't know you could do that so in some sense my problem is solved - but if they're going to let you do that they might as well just let you do it the easy way with the button alone. I know I'm nitpicking but still it's something I have to confront every time I park and leave the car so it's an insessant hassle.

Old 08-18-2005, 04:49 PM

Well they obviously did that to minimize the chances of someone locking themselves outside their car. That seems like a pretty prevalent problem so I can't blame Honda for this. But at least they added a secret way of locking it from the inside for people who really want to.

Quick Reply: what are your complaints about the Honda Civic Hybrid...?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands