What changes would you want for the next HCH redesign?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default What changes would you want for the next HCH redesign?

I personally would like to see the following:
  • Increased Torque of the Electric Motor
  • Increased MPG
  • Increased rear interior space and trunk space
  • HID as an option
  • TIPM - Tire Inflation Pressure Monitor
  • Leather as an option
  • Heated Mirrors
  • Bluetooth
What would everyone else like to see?

Old 06-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What changes would you want for the next HCH redesign?

I've heard that you'll never see a Civic with leather or power seats. Those upgrades are the only way they sell Accords and Acuras (product differentiation).

1) I'd love it if they could fix the split rear seat problem. Seems they could split the battery pack or side mount it so seats fold down.

2) Use the blue interior on the door cloth trim (for models with the blue interior, of course!)

3) More exterior color choices. I love the red Civic color!

4) No Nag screen on NAVI (lawyers wouldn't allow that!!! Oh well)

5) TRUE XM-Ready (just activate and go!)

6) Better visibility on the right rear side (when parking). I understand some cars (Acura?) move the right outside mirror down so you can see that area when the trans is shifted into reverse)

7) Homelink instead of compass with the optional auto dimming mirror. The compass is useless when you have NAVI!

I love the rest of the car!

Old 06-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
5) TRUE XM-Ready (just activate and go!)

6) Better visibility on the right rear side (when parking). I understand some cars (Acura?) move the right outside mirror down so you can see that area when the trans is shifted into reverse)

7) Homelink instead of compass with the optional auto dimming mirror. The compass is useless when you have NAVI!
I totally agree with these. I had all of these things on my Acura TL.

#6 was especially useful when parallel parking. It didn't just turn the right mirror down, the same could be done to the left mirror.

#7 i miss now that I have to carry a remote for the garage in the car. since the HCH is lower to the ground its easy to get blinded by trucks/suv/vans without the auto dimming mirrors.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HCH-Jun
What would everyone else like to see?
Ya ... I had an 06 HCH on order but just called them to cancel!

Not enough storage space to replace my Volvo Wagon and I want more juice on the electric motor for more EV time.

Waiting for version 3 and keeping fingers crossed for more:
  • More Storage (Hatchback or Wagon (Matrix Hybrid would do))<
  • More true EV runtime like Toyota's Hybrid Drive (only using LithiumIon)<
  • Longer Warranty - Mitsubishi for example, offers 10 year warranty on power train in Canada (even though they don't ofer much in the way of FE) - what are Honda and toyota afraid of with their measly 5 year powertrain and even lousier 3 year bumper to bumper. IMO, the new technology of Hybrids warrants substantial backing on more than just batteries.<

Old 06-01-2006, 04:33 PM

By the way, the heated mirrors are standard for Canada models. You could probably purchase and install them (though I'm guessing it wouldn't be cheap!). No need for me. I'd never use 'em in So. Cal!!!

Old 06-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Enthusiast

I am pretty much aligned with everyone's comments so far. The top three for me would be:

1) Tire inflation pressure monitor

2) Heated-tilt-when-in-reverse mirrors

3) Fold down rear seat

Other than those little goodies, I am a happy camper. I've been keeping a little spreadsheet and in my first month of ownership I have saved over $229 in gas purchases from my last car.

Dan

Old 06-01-2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cash&Carry
IMO, the new technology of Hybrids warrants substantial backing on more than just batteries.<<
Honda really does back up the new technology with a good warranty... especially if you're in CA, MA, CT, VT, NH, NY or ME. The warranty for the battery in these states is 10 year / 150,000. The warranty on almost every other hybrid-specific item (IMA motor, voltage converters, all controllers, injectors, and on and on...) is a whopping 15 year / 150,000 warranty!!!! I'm assuming Toyota has something similar.

Storage space is tight, but if you're creative, you can make good use of what's there. I found a way to fit two road bikes in that trunk!

Old 06-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast

Higher production rate so I can buy one.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Enthusiast

I would like an auto stop system that worked everytime you stop,not just sometimes.I guess it is a small price to pay for a car that has cost me about $150.00 in gas in 4 weeks and just over 3000 miles.My old car (Suzuki Grand Vatara) would have cost me about $400.00 in gas.A few of the items listed by others would be nice as options. Overall i am pleased with my HCHII.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Enthusiast

Why do certain states have better warranties?

Quick Reply: What changes would you want for the next HCH redesign?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands