upgrades in general (not limited to performance)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 02:42 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default upgrades in general (not limited to performance)

saw the performance mods thread and thought about all of the possible upgrades that are not performance related (this can be anything that doesn't come stock).

i got the chrome tip exhaust and all season floor mats front and rear in my car. also, the included accessories that came with my car were splash guards, color matched door edge guards (so the paint won't chip), wheel locks, alarm system, and i will be receiving the cargo net for the trunk soon courtesy of my dealer . i'm in the market for an all season trunk/cargo mat but haven't found anybody that makes one that fits the HCH yet, possibly gonna call weathertech.com and have them custom make one.

everything added so far was OEM. i was gonna get the leather wrapped steering wheel but they told me it was $120 for installation , so forget that. i will soon hopefully be getting an upgraded stereo and possibly some tint to hide it away from the prying eyes of wouldbe theives.

anyhow, what have you guys added on or what accessories came with your car, i'm interested to see what kinda mods you guys have worked on or planned on workin on. please post pics. if possible

Last edited by inFiniTE LooP; 08-08-2005 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Default Re: upgrades in general (not limited to performance)

I've done an aftermarket radio, a voltmeter and compass/temp gauge, and fog lights. My current project is a carputer that will be used for gps and obd Display.

See my pictures on this site (there is a link under my name in this post). Also see my webpage at http://www.sounddomain.com/id/tdb30

Old 08-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

A very common Mod. is the warm air intake, many guys use insulated pipe and run it from the first Cat. I myself just ran a shop vac hose to my exhaust manifold (i'm cheap ) I had considered a solar powered fan to move air through the car while parked, but never had the time or money to consider it seriously. The thought was to set a small solar panel in the rear deck along w/ some pass through comp fans to the trunk, then hosing to push air out some holes cut through the brake light housing (sounds crazy, but would make sense if i drew it out or showed you what i was talking about)

Old 08-08-2005, 05:19 PM

I saw a device that you put in a window and it allows you to roll the window all the way up. It had a vent and a fan and was solar powered. http://www.drleonards.com/detail.cfm...1&key=10199002

And another model here http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/noname30.html

The second one looks better.

Last edited by tbaleno; 08-08-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

saw the same thing here:
http://www.gadgetuniverse.com/cgi-bi...GEN9=HP&TKW=HP
and on sale too

Old 08-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've heard those are basically inefective...not really enough of a gap to move enough air to be effective.

Old 08-09-2005, 06:24 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tbaleno
I've done an aftermarket radio...
I am doing an aftermarket radio in my HCH soon, and I was wondering... are there any problems taking the stock radio out of the HCH, or will I need to leave it connected and hide it somewhere. I remember reading somewhere that some Civics used the OEM radio for the remote keyless unlock functionality and dome light control (although I have not read this about the HCH in particular).

My current plans are to replace the head unit with a blue and red color themed unit (Kenwood Excelon KDC-X689 along with the Sirius radio tuner), and to replace the green "color condoms" (also heard them called “nipple covers”) on the HVAC illumination lamps with blue "color condoms". I don't understand why the gauge cluster is blue/red, and then the center console is GREEN, tacky... So I am going to fix that little problem. Does anyone know where I can buy Blue color condoms? I think I know a light bulb from a 95 Civic that I can buy and scavenge the color condoms off of, but if I could buy just the cover that would be better.

Later,
~Droid

Old 08-09-2005, 07:32 AM

I don't know about the radio controling the remote keyless entry or dome light. I have an aftermarket alarm that does my unlocking. And my dome lights seem to work normaly.