Thud noise when first start car or while sitting parked with car running for a bit

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2023, 09:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default Thud noise when first start car or while sitting parked with car running for a bit

I have a 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid. It makes this weird thud noise, almost as if someone went to the trunk and like knocked on it. It usually does it when I first start the car while it’s still parked, and does it if I’ve been sitting with the car parked and running for a bit. I know my brake accumulator needs replaced (there’s beeping and brake light coming on every time I hit the brake, and I was told that was the cause so I’m getting that replaced). I’m wondering if the thud/thump noise has anything to do with that or if it’s something else. Of course whenever I want it to make the noise for the repair place to hear it, it doesn’t make the noise. Any ideas?

Old 01-13-2024, 04:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Thud noise when first start car or while sitting parked with car running for a bi

May I ask how did you sort out that issue ?

Last edited by chima lecci; 01-14-2024 at 04:55 AM.