Thieves!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Enthusiast
Default Thieves!

Last week someone stole 3 hubcap covers off of my 06 HCH! (why they left the 4th, no idea) I can't imagine there's a huge market for illegally obtained Honda hybrid hubcap covers... Has anyone else had any trouble with theft or vandalism?

Old 08-04-2006, 06:08 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Thieves!

If they're dumb enough to steal hybrid wheel covers, I guess it isn't surprising that they not be able to count to 4. Hope the replacements aren't too expensive!

Old 08-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

You mean the center caps? They probably just ran out of time. It's probably kids. They steal the logoed valve caps off exotics and collect/trade them.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

My dealer installed wheel locks as standard, so there must be some market for these wheels. If they are hard to get or very expensive, used parts dealers will probably pay good money for them.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cherokee180c
My dealer installed wheel locks as standard, so there must be some market for these wheels. If they are hard to get or very expensive, used parts dealers will probably pay good money for them.
I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who'd be happy to sell their pie-plate wheels and get something better-looking.

But it was probably kids that stole the caps.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Enthusiast

I'd be interested in how much the replacements cost. My parents once had problems with their hubcap covers being stolen on their minivan, and I seem to recall each replacement cover costing $20!

Old 08-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You'll probably find your center caps on eBay.

Old 08-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Enthusiast

My Honda dealer charges $38/cap, but luckily it's covered under my insurance, so I'm only out the $50 deductible (only!). I didn't shop around for the best price, so they might be cheaper elsewhere. Let's hope the culprits don't come back for another try.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands