Tech info on HCH? Auto stop is goofing up.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Got a brand new 2005 MT HCH that is so new that is is on only the second tank of gas. The Auto Stop feature shuts the car off just fine but sometimes the car does not want to come back on. Putting the car in gear seemed to be the thing that fired the ICE back up. Does anyone know exactly what switch or sensor turns the car back on after auto stop? How about a good tech site on the HCH or Honda Hybrids?

TIA!

Old 11-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Lakedude:

___It sounds like it is working exactly as designed. Placing your HCH back in gear or pressing on the accelerator even slightly should light her right back up.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 11-06-2004, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Yep it is working fine, I just needed to RTFM. I had been keeping my foot on the clutch and for the first couple days and for some reason it worked fine, turning on as soon as I put the car in first. The Manual instructs you to let your foot off the clutch and leave the car in neutral and then redepress the clutch and put the car in gear to start it. This method seems to work fine. I've had no problems since I started using the suggested method.

The car is doing great on mileage BTW. My first tank showed 57.9 MPG. I was having trouble getting it that high again in the rain but lately the weather has been great and now I'm up to 59 MPG displayed on the second tank. I can't wait to see what the calculated results are going to be. It is going to be a few days yet cause I still have over half a tank of gas left.