Seat padding.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Seat padding.

This is from my "Heated Seat Saga II" thread and I thought it deserved it's own thread.

Originally Posted by farkedup
how's the seat comfort? I've been wanting to have an inch of foam installed into the seats to make them more comfortable but haven't been able to go without my car for long enough to have it done.
Originally Posted by noflash
Funny you should ask, I have just been thinking about this.

My HCHII is our commuter car. I usually don't drive it for more than a half an hour at a time.

This weekend I drove our "family" HCHII though the local Wildife Safari and was in the seat for about two hours. Man, my but was sore on the way home! Yes, I would definitely consider adding foam for long-distance driving.

So, back to my car, I guess the heat pad adds about a half an inch of padding. It probably help, but I don't really drive it long enough to know for sure.

Unfortunately these seats leave much to be desired. I would definitely consider having a seat upholsterer add padding and/or heat.

Good luck!

P.S. I'm going to start a new thread about this.
.................................................. ......

I added a little padding to the seat back to smooth out the curve for my back. Has anyone added padding to the seat?

BTW, I am 6'3", 196lbs. So, I don't expect to tip the seat cushion scales.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Seat padding.

I recently drove from kalamazoo, MI to Niagara falls THEN to orlando, tampa and back home to MI and I must tell you these seats are the WORST I've ever had for anything more than those 30 minute trips. Everything from the head rest to the shape of the seat to it being too hard.

I've heard of some people turning the headrest backwards but that doesn't work for me. I sit with the seat reclined a bit but not THAT much. Somewhere between granny driving and ghetto cruisin.

I just really hate these seats before my next long trip which will probably be in January I HAVE to find the time to get that foam installed in the seat.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:42 AM

Be sure to post a Before-And-After thread.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Wet Okole seat covers will make them more comfortable. A bit on the expensive side. But they look great and feel great!

Old 10-02-2007, 09:20 AM

Unless they have cutouts they'll block the side airbags.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

They have a cutout and some flaps... I just left them that way. I saw in some of the installations they did that they somehow tucked them under where the plastic of the airbag meets the seat. Either way I think the airbag will deploy thru the opening.