Satellite Radio Install 2005 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Enthusiast
Default Satellite Radio Install 2005 HCH

I thought tat I would share some pictures of my Satellite Radio Install with you guys. Let me know what you think.

http://www.dizam.org/sat1.jpg
http://www.dizam.org/sat2.jpg
http://www.dizam.org/sat3.jpg

Old 12-29-2005, 07:57 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Satellite Radio Install 2005 HCH

Looks good!

I had a Kenwood H2A Sirius radio in my Insight.
I bent the fins on the mounting base downward and it actually fit perfectly in one of the cupholders. :-)

Looking forward to the '06 HCH with built-in XM, although I'll sure miss my Sirius radio - I'm giving it to my wife to put in her Pilot.

Old 12-29-2005, 08:05 AM
Enthusiast

Looks good Shenfo. Where did you put the antenna? I was hoping to put one in the HCH when we get it, right on the rear trunk hatch. But since the seats don't come down like they do in the regular Civic, I thought it might be difficult to get the wire back there.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Enthusiast

I put the antenna on the trunk lid, and put the wires under the battery pack, it was pretty easy to go from the trunk under the rear seat, and around the perimeter of the car under the plastic trim to the center console.

~Droid

P.S. Howard Rules!

Old 12-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by droidicus
I put the antenna on the trunk lid, and put the wires under the battery pack, it was pretty easy to go from the trunk under the rear seat, and around the perimeter of the car under the plastic trim to the center console.

~Droid

P.S. Howard Rules!
I put it right in front of the FM antenna, and ran the wire under the windshield's molding and into the car. I tucked the remaining wire under the dash by the stearing column. Eventually i want to have it coming out of the cup holder like the power cable.

The other option you ahve for a trunk mount is doing the abve, but that requires a lot more cable running.

My method only used about 4 feet of cable and installed in about 30 minutes.

P.S. Howard does indeed rule.

Old 01-01-2006, 03:00 PM
The "Green" One
Thumbs up Re: Satellite Radio Install 2005 HCH

Here's a shot of my Sirius install. Had it done at Circuit City. I think they did an excellent job. It almost looks factory. No wires to be seen.

I can post more details if anyone is interested.

Old 01-01-2006, 03:34 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Satellite Radio Install 2005 HCH

Hi Everyone; Some very good looking Satellite Radio Installs. I really like the Blue background on the Display. Very-Cool.

Terry

Old 01-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

The 06 models are "XM ready," which doesn't mean a whole lot, but after having Sirius for almost a year, I gave XM a shot online for a day (decided to stay with Sirius).

I got that blue one too; it's a nice little unit and the colors match my dash display colors. :-)

Old 01-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Enthusiast

Hi Guys,

New to the forum. I installed Sirius in my new 06HCH. Love the service, but I installed the antenna in the rear deck lid and now the IMA seems to be behaving a bit wierd. I now takes the auto stop longer to engage, and the battery seems to fluctuate much more than before. Last night it dropped from 5 bars down to one withing seconds, and then to full after about a five mile drive. Does the magent for the antenna or the radio reception have any affect on the IMA system? I know that Honda moved the regular antenna to the roof to avoid interference and I wondering if this might be my problem. Has anyone else exprienced anything strange after installing Sirius?

Thanks
Albert

Old 01-02-2006, 11:55 AM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Satellite Radio Install 2005 HCH

Originally Posted by 06HCH - MP
Hi Guys,

New to the forum. I installed Sirius in my new 06HCH. Love the service, but I installed the antenna in the rear deck lid and now the IMA seems to be behaving a bit wierd. I now takes the auto stop longer to engage, and the battery seems to fluctuate much more than before. Last night it dropped from 5 bars down to one withing seconds, and then to full after about a five mile drive. Does the magent for the antenna or the radio reception have any affect on the IMA system? I know that Honda moved the regular antenna to the roof to avoid interference and I wondering if this might be my problem. Has anyone else exprienced anything strange after installing Sirius?

Thanks
Albert
Hi Albert:

I would (Move) the X/M Antennae (NOW): Read these install instructions for the 06 HCH ll: I see "No-Reason" why you cannot use the same location for your 2006 Sirius HCH Antennae. I suspect then that you will not have a problem with your "IMA" any longer. Period !!!

http://www.handaaccessories.com/civic/06-civic-xm.pdf

Go to Page: Diagram # 33

HTH;

Terry

Albert, I wish when I 1st typed this responce that I would have had more time to think about your situation but I was in the middle of a couple of other things. Since then I have had more time to think about what you said in your Post and I think I have another suggestion that will (Work-For-Sure). Undo your Sirius Sat. Set-up back by the IMA rear seat area and also remove all Power from the Sirius receiver that you just installed and simply see if the car "Performs" as it should. If so then it should be obvious that the Sirius set-up is interferring with your IMA. Good-Luck !!!!!

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-02-2006 at 02:37 PM. Reason: changed 05 to (2006 Sirius)

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio Install 2005 HCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands