Results from High Speed FAS in the 06 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 05:45 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Results from High Speed FAS in the 06 HCH

Since I am fairly new to this website I need to know what all these acronyms mean that I am reading. Is there somewhere on this site that shows the definitions? I am particularly interested in the FAS and what exactly it means. I can't wait to get my HCHII so I can try this out!

Nevermind, I found the terms in the glossary section. I would still like to know the actual techniques that some of you use.

Last edited by Mikeyt758; 12-08-2005 at 05:57 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:26 PM
04 prius 350,000km

there's a glossary so check on that mikey

question, there are 15 mph school zones in my area. I was wondering if its possible to pulse to 15 to 20 mph range and ev mode to the point where it will take a long time to drop your speed. By the time my speed is at its lowest, I should be past the school zone area. Also when your in the EV mode does the car sound quieter? As well I mean to ask at idle (not auto stop) how loud is the engine? I remember seeing a hchII accelerating hard out of a driveway and it sounded like a sweet turbo... it was sweet.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by philmcneal
there's a glossary so check on that mikey

question, there are 15 mph school zones in my area. I was wondering if its possible to pulse to 15 to 20 mph range and ev mode to the point where it will take a long time to drop your speed. By the time my speed is at its lowest, I should be past the school zone area. Also when your in the EV mode does the car sound quieter? As well I mean to ask at idle (not auto stop) how loud is the engine? I remember seeing a hchII accelerating hard out of a driveway and it sounded like a sweet turbo... it was sweet.
I believe that in glide mode, with valves shut, the HCH is as quiet as an electrical vehicle. The ICE has no combustion, nothing coming out the exhaust. It should be silent. But I haven't listened to an HCH from the outside in that situation.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

I am trying with some success the EVGlide with assist, usually up to 3 bars, never had 4 or more. My foot is not trained yet, but I will adapt soon I asume to do those lill' movements and control them well. Need more time...

Old 03-19-2006, 10:07 PM
04 prius 350,000km

so are people still abusing this technique? It sounds like an awesome way to raise your city mileage without FAS (key off, key on for electronics to come on but not to power up the ICE) the car itself. However it seems that when your battery runs towards 50% payback for the battery pack really hurts mpg. Is it possible to use very little assist when your gliding so that when you do have to stop, you can at least regen most of that energy back?