Rare Honda Service Rave

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 04:36 AM
From Tahoe to HCH
Red face Rare Honda Service Rave

Hey guys, I just wanted to come here to rave about the service I received at the Honda dealership in Durham, NC yesterday. I know that's a rare statement. Anyways, I was greeted with a flat tire yesterday morning and I was at 9000 miles on the HCH2 so I figured I would get the tire fixed, oil changed, and tires rotated in one swoop. Of the three Honda dealers in the area, the Durham one was the only site that would answer the phone. I got there at 3:30pm and was greeted by a really nice service guy who told me that is was going to be 2 hours wait for the services that I wanted because their Monday backlog. To cut the rest of this short, they finished my services 45 minutes early, washed my car, didn't charge me for the tire repair, and my oil change only cost $19.99. I was amazed especially after hearing horror stories about Honda service and dealing with Chevy dealerships all my life. Needless to say, they have a happy customer.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rare Honda Service Rave

Glad it was a good experience... but are you sure they put the correct oil in? Seems odd that they'd only charge $19 when the oil costs $5 a quart... plus the filter... plus the labor. You might want to check your repair order to see what parts (oil) they charged out on the ticket. If it's not clear, give the friendly service advisor a call to inquire. They should have used 0W-20 oil.

If they put the "normal" summer 20-50 oil in, your mileage will drop significantly! Hope they did it right! If so, congratulations on finding a great repair facility!

Old 06-20-2006, 02:56 PM
From Tahoe to HCH

I just checked the invoice and it has 0W-20 listed along with the word hybrid mixed in there somewhere (darn memory). Mileage has been normal today so hopefully they did everything right.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:15 PM

Kind of funny to me that you post that today.
Tomorrow I take mine in for oil change, and probably tires too.

I have a deal where they offer free tires for as long as I own my car.
Sure...I thought. They must soak you for mounting, balancing etc.

Just checked today and it all is free.

That's Lanier Honda at the Mall of Georgia, by the way.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Aneil Mishra, Ph.D.

I live in Durham, so thanks for the Rave! (I purchased my Honda at Autopark Honda in Cary, and was very impressed with this dealership.)

Old 06-20-2006, 10:33 PM

Too bad us Californians can't take advantage of your great servicing dealers in the Southeast! Has anyone had a pleasant service experience at a Honda dealer in the LA or Orange County area???