Questions on FAS

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Questions on FAS

Ive been reading alot about FAS and it just doesnt seems safe to mess with the ignition switch while driving. I was thinking isnt there a way to trick the car into doing a Auto stop? If i did my research correctly, isnt the AS feature enabled when you are going 8mph> and come to a complete stop? Can you just trick the computer you are stopping(pressing the brakes) with a switch? or does the car actually knw you are at a complete stop? It just seems like there is an easier way than turnign off the car everytime.

Old 09-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Questions on FAS

Hi Infinkc:

___You are right. Because there isn’t a button or an automatic way to make an IMA equipped automobile shut down above 20 mph and start back up automatically w/out dumping the clutch on a MT equipped one after a FAS, you have to live with a workaround or not have it available to you at all. If Honda did allow a shutdown and restart from any > 1.5 second let off of the accelerator to re-application of the accelerator, then you would have no problems other then meeting the coolant temp setpoints and using Econ or no A/C. Honda does know how fast the car is traveling if the electronics are live if that helps.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Last edited by xcel; 09-10-2005 at 12:24 PM.