Psychiatric care

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 06:31 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Psychiatric care

I am now in Rehab. It is a nice facility. Everything is GREEN. It is in the mountains at almost 4,000 feet. The road here goes straight up with no turn offs. I was brought by some nice people so I did not have to worry about battery discharge. They would not tell me their MPG. and were sometimes mean about it.
My treatment is going well. A very large Doctor talks to me. We started to talk and he asked what was on my mind. I mentioned HCH's and MPG and Hyper miling. But the FES did it. I was forbidden to think about any of these things. My project is to know everything about big trucks and cars. I built a Ford Super Duty with a huge V8on the computer!
Food is ok. Can only drink V8 juice and red meat. The Doctor thinks I need about 3 weeks. Monday I get a ride in his Audi W12 Quattro.
Do you think Honda will pay for this? It is really espensive.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

ROFL !!

Old 09-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lars-ss
Speaking of old hags and Civic Hybrids: I saw a lady getting out of her car, a 2003 HCH, in the handicapped spot at Target last evening.

She had to be every bit of 80 years old, nicely dressed but severely aged and decrepit in body, and her car (hold on I have to stop to laugh again.....................OK) had about 4 or five dings in it, a huge paint scrape on the rear fender, and another hole in the back bumper. She is obviously past her best driving days, let's just say that.
Just be glad she wasn't driving the obligatory Crown Victoria. Can you imagine the carnage involved on the receiving end of all those scrapes and dings?

Old 09-13-2005, 05:22 AM
Enthusiast

As you know I am in rehab. I had a terrible setback.
I was thinking that when I get back to my work on the twelfth floor of my building, that I could take the elevator up no more than 3 floors at a time and then walk DOWN the firestairs one flight (to kind of RECHARGE myself). I could repeat this pattern and eventually get to 12 and be really CHARGED UP.
I made the mistake of telling the Doctor. He said I have a serious problem. Mentioned something to my wife. I wasn't supposed to hear it but I know he said the words "battery car". Oh my.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mauleskyrocket
Has the HCH driven anyone crazy? I get 45 mpg in combined city/highway driving. BUT. I am sweating all the time because the AC decreases my mileage substantialy. I watch the mpg guage all the time and almost hit things. I find myself being furious at someone in the city who pulls out and adversely effects my coasting down a city street (like hollar, curse etc.). Someone gave me the you know what today because I was accelerating so slow (my mpg indicator was on about 5!). The worst looking woman I have seen in years, came up to me and said "that is a lovely car" and now I feel old and unattractive. I fear this car will drive me mad. Then on top of it, some people on this board talk of hypermiling!!! As if I am not harassed enough now. Maybe I can short it out or something.
Actually I have found the opposite to be true. I was always trying to get everywhere in the most efficient amount of time, but now that i have the HCH, I just take it easy everywhere. It has really relaxed my driving a LOT, and my wife loves it.

I don't have some of the problems you guys have perhaps because this is new mexico where, on the interstate, they let you do u-turns with a horse trailer, tow cars with a rope at 25 mph and limp any old smoking junker to mexico at any speed. Plus it takes like 5 DWI's before you lose your license, then about ten more unlicensed driving convictions before you go to jail for like 24 hours. I am the least of anyone's worries on the roads around here.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.

I got passed toay by some nimkompoop in a big SUV while doing 28 in a 25 mph zone with double yellow lines. He had to be doing 45 when he passed me, or better, because someone was coming the other way. I was sooo furious. Then, I thought, he used more gas on that move than I will use to go 20 miles. I felt better.

I said this on another site, "I get 52.1 lpmg, and yes, it DOES feel good."