Picked up our 2nd HCHII last night.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Picked up our 2nd HCHII last night.

FEeeeeeeeeee...

Old 03-30-2007, 04:25 PM

lol!

Old 04-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Hybrid-Hugger

Oh lets be honest. The Zen effect, although you all like it (myself included), is our coping mechanism for the lack of power (compared to the gas guzzlers out there). My wife's new Yaris 5-door hatchback kicks my butt (actually, it is a little embarassing when she barely touches the gas, while I am floored, and she is gone like a bat out of ....).
Oh well- hummmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 04-02-2007, 02:36 PM

While I do not deny the lack of HCHII power, I don't see it that way.

I could have a great day at work and be totally stressed out after my commute home. Everyone was driving too slow for my bimmer!

I was focused on how to pass that guy in front of me.

Now I am focused on how to get home most efficiently.

Same traffic, different car, lower blood pressure...

Old 04-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Hyper Hybrid Dude

Wow! I can remember driving my Tundra V8 like a bat out of hell. Its funny. My wife used to hang on for dear life because I was driving so fast and crazy. Now, she still holds on for dear life because I drive so slow, while other cars zoom by.

No matter how fast you drive, theres always someone else in more of a hurry...to get in line. I have yet to miss driving fast, it is strange how knowledge and power changes you. The knowledge of what my mpg is at any given time, and the power to improve it.

I really like it when I see a Tundra zip passed me, and I say to myself, '15,16 tops', as I look at my 55+ mpg. However, I must add, driving with no ac is my biggest sacrifice. Some days, I say hell with it, and turn on the air, but not until I get to cruising speed (altitude, is what I tell my wife when she tells me to 'turn on the air or she's getting out').

Zen? Not for me. I like driving the car, especially at night. Have a bad day at work, driving my HCH helps me forget all about it. Don't tell my wife, but when I can't sleep in the middle of the night, I sneak out of the house, just to drive my HCH; sometimes for two hours or more. She hasn't said anything yet. I think I need help. I have owned a vett, a 280Z, and a CJ7, and never have I done anything like this before.

I like the car. It is very fun to drive. Turn on some good tunes and life is good. To bad I have to go home.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Great Mileage and Green

Enjoy the new car....and Galaxy Grey without the Navigation System is the way to go. And you're right, those tax credits are quite the incentive as well....well that and the great gas mileage and feel.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by westweb
... Don't tell my wife, but when I can't sleep in the middle of the night, I sneak out of the house, just to drive my HCH; sometimes for two hours or more. ...
There's no LOL smiley!

Glad you love your car!

Old 04-06-2007, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by erscolo
Enjoy the new car....and Galaxy Grey without the Navigation System is the way to go. And you're right, those tax credits are quite the incentive as well....well that and the great gas mileage and feel.
I never loved Galaxy Grey in the past, but it sure has grown on me. It especially look great with tint.

I'll get some pictures up this weekend.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:32 AM

westweb- great story. Maybe your car isn't Zen, but it certainly seems to be therapeutic. Too bad you can't bottle it and sell it! I wonder if we could come up with a new marketing campaign for hybrids based on the joys of slower driving with high FE? hmmmm......

Old 04-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Vegetarian

Originally Posted by JavaJ
My wife's new Yaris 5-door hatchback kicks my butt (actually, it is a little embarassing when she barely touches the gas, while I am floored, and she is gone like a bat out of ....)
It could just be the difference between Toyotas and Hondas... I've only driven 2 Toyotas, but both of them had very sensitive gas petals... you barely touch them and vroom! I'm used to more play in the pedal.