Opted for Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Enthusiast
Default Opted for Honda Fit

I sold my 06 Civic H, and got a used 09 Fit Sport. I was consistently getting 59+ mpg on my 06H, but was tired to trying to constantly hyper-miles. I've had the Fit only 2 weeks. The inside is roomier than the Civic, lots of head room too, excellent visibility, much easier to park, and I'm getting 50+ mpg. The rear seating is especially nice, with many options of expanding the rear cargo area. But the ride is noisier than the Civic, and bit more rough. All in all, I have absolutely no regrets about purchasing the Civic, then replacing with the Fit.

Regarding mpg, I'm guessing that over time and with more variety in my commute and driving conditions, my mpg with the Fit will settle down to near 40+. But I can live with that.

For those of you who have been driving the Civic H for a number of years, and are now looking for something different, I would recommend considering the Fit Sport.

Last edited by goodka; 10-14-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Opted for Honda Fit

Originally Posted by goodka
But the ride is noisier than the Civic, and bit more rough. .
Yikes. The Civic is already noisy enough in my opinion.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Opted for Honda Fit

The Fit is on my "next car" list. I'd likely not opt for the sport, though, maybe the mid-level version. The one thing that ticks me is needing to spend extra to get a temp spare (as opposed to a can of fix-a-flat), with the automatic transmission versions.

I like the size, versatility, efficient interior space. Expecially coming from HCHII where you can't even fold down rear seats.

There's a hybrid version being shown in Paris, but it's up-in-the-air so far regarding getting it to North America. FWIW, I think it is the same sort of batteries as those giving Civic Hybrid owners fits, at least for the 2006-2008 years.