I opted for the non-hybrid.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:39 AM
Enthusiast
Talking I opted for the non-hybrid.....

I really wanted to jump on the HCHII but after so much consideration and evaluation I put a deposit on the non-hybrid EX-L with navi and leather.

I've learned a lot on this green site, been doing that for many months.
I love the concept of renewable energy and being eco friendly (I have a solar system in the house with 30 panels) but I want to wait until the hybrid technology can give us way more MPG than conventional non-hybrids, the difference is only 9 miles highway per specs and the price is about $2k more.

Sales price for the EX-L including destination charge was $21,540 plus CT taxes and $395 fee. I think this is a good price based on my shopping around.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I opted for the non-hybrid.....

geek

I paid only 23k out the door even with the honda extended warranty. For me the 35k I put on each year was a no brainier(sp). What I looked at was the mileage I was getting with the car I replaced. I was getting 20 mpg with premium gas on the highway. I now get 50+ mpgs. The 30 mpgs increase more then paid for the difference between the hybrid vs no hybrid.

Brian

Old 03-03-2009, 07:51 AM
Enthusiast

I actually got an offer for the Hybrid with navi and leather for $23,800 and the guy was willing to knock off a couple hundred dollars more. Not sure though if destination charge was extra or not.

I think I'll be happy with the non-hybrid EX-L for now but sure will be watching on how the hybrids will evolve.....hopefully soon within a few short years we could see hybrids with 100+ mpg.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I am sure you will enjoy your car, I am not however sure how much you saved, sales tax would be $1,292-2000=708 (you said the hybrid was exempt in Ct), even at 9 mpg difference (most people get way more) 764 more gallons of gas over 100,000 miles at say $2.50=1922 (708-1922= -1,214) figure less manintence and I am not sure what you saved.
You also do not have a 2 tone interior (made the sale for me) automatic a/c or the smooth CVT transmission.
Don't get me wrong, I am not putting you down, I really am not, I am just not clear where you saved money.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Enthusiast

I did a test drive in the hybrid and felt some hesitation during de-acceleration/acceleration, that was another little factor, plus there's no moon roof in the hybrid.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well, if you only put a deposit, why don't you just have them change the order to a hybrid?

Knock off the un-green leather and get a $100 Garmin instead of the $2k nav and you'll have an even better deal.

And don't forget you can write off your taxes & interest now.

That's what you needed to hear, right? That's why you posted this on the greenHYBRID website? You know the right thing to do.

noflash

P.S. And don't bother pointing out the irony that I posted about my recent minivan purchase here... :tongue:

Old 03-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noflash
P.S. And don't bother pointing out the irony that I posted about my recent minivan purchase here... :tongue:
lol....

thought about changing plans but I'm keeping the EX-L.
Actually my friend was asking me how much is the hybrid full (navi and leather) so I called my dealer and the guy told me the hybrid is now running a better promotion and the price would be $23,400 plus $399 doc fee.

tentation...tentation.....but I like the moon roof in the EX-L......

Old 03-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geek
.....but I like the moon roof in the EX-L......
Yeah, I really wish the hybrid had a moon roof. It doesn't add THAT much extra weight, and it is SO much better for cooling down the car than the A/C (at least in the Rockies).

Congrats on your purchase (even if you did make the wrong choice )!

Old 03-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Enthusiast

Please don't bash me for asking this question in the hybrid forum but I need some help with this.

It's about the deck lid spoiler, dealer asking $525 installed, I really like this spoiler.
Without installation I think it is somewhere around $387.

Anyone done it (yourself/dealer), what's your experience and are you happy you got it installed or not installed???

I need to make a decision and call the dealer early today so it can be ready for tomorrow 11am pickup time....

Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Energy Independence

$525 is pricey, methinks!

I'm sure you could buy the part and get it painted/installed for cheaper. But, then it'd be one of those things that the Honda would balk at for any warranty issues.
You might check other area dealers. Maybe someone else will do it cheaper. It's not like it HAS to be done day 1.

Or just do it....

Quick Reply: I opted for the non-hybrid.....

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands