New Stereo Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Enthusiast
Default New Stereo Help

I would like to have a new stereo (w/XM and ipod input) installed in my 04 HCH. I'm really apprehensive about having someone mess with the wiring in my car...hopefully this is unwarranted. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. Do you think it would be ok to take it to a Best Buy/Circuit City for install?

Old 11-18-2005, 01:11 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter
Default Re: New Stereo Help

The price is fairly minimal (it's a $250 option) for the Honda Audio Link (released in December) that's a dealer add-on. The advantages are two: the whole thing works from within your glove compartment, so no gadgets and wires visible in your car, and, you control the ipod through the radio controls on the steering wheel (the cable also charges the ipod.)

I'm going the inexpensive way and hanging an external satellite radio receiver inside the car, and running it into the radio via the aux plug.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
The price is fairly minimal (it's a $250 option) for the Honda Audio Link (released in December) that's a dealer add-on. The advantages are two: the whole thing works from within your glove compartment, so no gadgets and wires visible in your car, and, you control the ipod through the radio controls on the steering wheel (the cable also charges the ipod.)

I'm going the inexpensive way and hanging an external satellite radio receiver inside the car, and running it into the radio via the aux plug.
I thought that was only an option with the 2006 Civic EX and Hybrid (and probably Si). I'd be surprised if it was for older models because they don't even have auxillary inputs, right?

Old 11-18-2005, 02:18 PM

I know mine doesn't have controls on the steering wheel.