New owner here

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default New owner here

Hi all, new proud owner of an 08 Civic Hybrid ! Was kind of tricky to drive at first, but I'm getting used to it. I have a couple questions for the noob here.

I have a Sirius Stiletto 2 and want it in my Civic. Had it pro installed in my Pontiac, so I am going to order this http://www.tss-radio.com/honda-civic...nt-p-4866.html

Will that location get in the way of a dashmat I want to order ?

2nd. In my past cars, I put high grade fuel in my cars (91 octane) recently fueled w/ Shell V-Power. One person said use lower octane, as higher has less energy. Do Hybrids require 91, or will I get better results with 87 ?

Thanks all, and look fwd to being here !

Old 08-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New owner here

Originally Posted by Jay9928
<snip>
2nd. In my past cars, I put high grade fuel in my cars (91 octane) recently fueled w/ Shell V-Power. One person said use lower octane, as higher has less energy. Do Hybrids require 91, or will I get better results with 87 ?

Thanks all, and look fwd to being here !
The lowest (regular) grade of gas is fine, I don't think there's any benefit to going with the higher grades. Honda specifies the octane requirement in your Owners Manual, but it's kind of confusing, at least in Canada.

They specify some value, but the value posted on Canadian pumps is some average of two different measurement systems, so it's somewhat apples and oranges...

Bottom line, the cheapest stuff is ok. All higher octane does is resist pre-ignition better, and this is only need on higher compression engines. Higher octane gas is harder to ignite.

If you had an older car the compression ratio might creep up, due to the combustion chamber getting built up with carbon, but that's about it.