Negative Camber problem on 2006 HCH...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber problem on 2006 HCH...

I am still working on posting the pictures another way.
When you say you open in another window, ?.

Where is Carlsbad? What area?

Also, what is ownerlink?

In a few more discussions off-line it is generally agreed correct camber will increase gas mileage--now isn't that the whole point?

A more general question--When ARE Dealerships REQUIRED to honor warranties? Under what conditions can they say NO? Is there any contractual agreement here at all? Why does the purchaser of the product (the car) have no recourse? The Bad Dealer Syndrome makes me nervous. What if something expensive goes wrong, can they just refuse to fix it, even though we have a "warranty"?

--Peterg

Old 03-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peterg
I am still working on posting the pictures another way.
When you say you open in another window, ?.

Where is Carlsbad? What area?

Also, what is ownerlink?

In a few more discussions off-line it is generally agreed correct camber will increase gas mileage--now isn't that the whole point?

A more general question--When ARE Dealerships REQUIRED to honor warranties? Under what conditions can they say NO? Is there any contractual agreement here at all? Why does the purchaser of the product (the car) have no recourse? The Bad Dealer Syndrome makes me nervous. What if something expensive goes wrong, can they just refuse to fix it, even though we have a "warranty"?

--Peterg
I'm not sure about the pictures. I right clicked and selected open in new window. However, after I had loaded it in the new window, it would appear in the original thread window.

Carlsbad, CA is in Northern San Diego. It is south of Oceanside and north of Encinitas. There are a ton of car dealers in Carlsbad. They occupy two streets dubbed "the car country".

Ownerlink is a website where you can keep all information about your car (http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/). It keeps records of your service history, notifies you of recalls, gives you info about your dealer, has an e-text of your manual, and a whole lot more. It's free and really easy to use.

I would think that correct camber would save you gas millage. If not, I still do not want incorrect camber. That just doesn't seem... well... correct.

There are laws that protect you as a consumer. They can only refuse to do work under warranty if they can prove that you did something to your car to make that part malfunction. They can void parts of your warranty from certain modifications, but cannot void your entire warranty for one small change you make.
The reason I am worried about "bad dealer syndrome" is because this is not a recall and the employees at Hoehn are horrible (at least in the service dept. the parts guy was nice). I am giving Hoehn Honda one last chance for them to accept me as their customer. If they screw it up, I will be going to another dealer. I think I may go back to Riverside Metro, where I bought my car because I'll be up there in a couple of months.

BTW, I made an appointment online and asked if they are willing to do this service for me. They still have not replied and are closed on the weekends. I have received an automated email saying that my appointment is confirmed. I will not go to the appointment if they make no effort to contact me and answer the question. The only way they will let you ask a question is if you schedule an appointment or want to buy a car. I will try calling them monday before my appointment if they do not contact me first. I got an email while at work today saying the status of my service request has been updated to "vehicle in shop". I'm not sure what that means, because my car is definitely not in the shop.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should say/do when I contact them/when they contact me(highly doubtful)?

Old 03-07-2008, 09:41 PM

After looking into your picture situation, I think that your image host (Kodak) does not want you to put images on external sites. This is why we cannot see the pictures.

If you open the image in a new window/tab, you will be linked to the Kodak site's hosting of the picture. After that, the picture will be in your browser's cache, and it will show up in the thread. This is why you can see the pictures that you posted, and why I can see them after I had opened the pictures in new windows.

For anyone who wants to see the pics here they are:

I hosted them with google's picasa service, because I still have not figured out how to upload to GH.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Enthusiast

Well, we are trying. Your posts came up as ? marks in my computer.
I have emailed "Greenhybrid" for help and ideas, but no response yet.

--Peterg

Old 03-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2225229

The above is best link to Technical Service Bulletin on this Problem.

Copy and paste into browser.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:51 AM

Well. The pictures that I posted are showing up as questionmarks for even me. These pictures must have a curse on them. Like the other ones, you can still secondary click them and view in a new window/tab or download them.

And thanks for that link.

Last edited by giantquesadilla; 03-10-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:26 PM

I'm sitting at the stealership right now. They said they would drive the car and see. I'm not sure what that means but it already seems like they don't want to do this. I'll keep you updated.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Think green.

Good luck, Colby.
PS: the pictures show up fine on my PC.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Enthusiast

Got any good quotes? Let's start collecting them for the Daily Show.
The TSB talks about the owners complaint: tire wear, vibration, noise.
It does not say:You need to go for a ride and decide if the owner is telling the truth or not." Or, "The owner presents complaint. You respond that all small cars have excessive road noise and vibration." Or, "The tires are not worn out enough for us to know there is a problem."

Got any good ones?

--Peterg

Old 03-10-2008, 03:14 PM

well its been over two hours and I'm still sitting here. I really hope that they are fixing the problem right now. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take this long to not fix the car. On the other hand, this is a dealership.

Quick Reply: Negative Camber problem on 2006 HCH...

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands