Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: Need advice

Mine came with about 25 miles on it.

edit:

It still had the plastic stuff on it. It was a special order car, not one from the lot.

Last edited by lakedude; 05-19-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Vegetarian

I wouldn't bother asking for any $ off. Seems silly to me.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

I wouldn't worry about 40 miles at all. I'd worry if it was 150 or more.

Just ask them why 40? They may be able to tell you outright.
I put 10 miles on a new HCH alone on a test drive.

Your vehicle warranty starts at the mileage at time of purchase. So your base warrantly is some 36,040 miles.

My dealer (of which I have an HCH on order) asked me directly. "If I can't get you a spankin new 1 miler off the boat, would you be willing to take one with a little mileage on it?" He stressed that it would be a new car, but the mileage would be due to a driver bringing the car from another dealership. They typically hire people on a contractual basis to just transport cars between dealerships. They put it on the road rather than plop it onto a flatbed. I expect its cheaper and easier for the dealership that way.

-Gary

Old 05-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by williaea
In my book - 40 miles is considered a new car! I doubt you'll get anything off for it. If you like the car buy it and enjoy.
A family member purchased their Civic Hybrid recently and picked up the keys with only zero point three (0.3) miles on it.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shawnb
A family member purchased their Civic Hybrid recently and picked up the keys with only zero point three (0.3) miles on it.
I'd guess one of two things happened with this vehicle...

1) It had the 62 mile bug and the dealer put the new speedo in (resetting the very few miles it had from transport and PDI).

2) The dealer didn't do a proper PDI. They just ripped off the plastic seat covers, popped in the fuses, washed it and delivered it. Shame on the dealer if this is what happened!

Old 05-19-2006, 03:52 PM

I drove off the lot with 5 miles on mine. This is the lowest miles I've had on a new purchase. It still had all the plastic on it when I made the deal.

Old 05-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Don't sweat it. It probably amounted to one or two test drives. It's very unlikely any dealership would have an HCH just for test drives, so they have to use what they have in stock and just watch how many miles they put on it.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:40 PM

I wouldn't worry about 40 miles either. You'll forget about them soon enough. I had to pull out my files to remember the mileage on my past vehicles.

My past new car purchases and their mileage:
2002 Subaru Outback--76 miles--traded in on HCHII at 83,500 miles--no problems
2002 Honda Accord--16 miles--traded in on van at 39,000 miles--no problems
2005 Honda Odyssey--65 miles--so far, so good
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid--5 miles--so far, so good

Old 05-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mine had abot 30 miles on it... so what?

Old 05-20-2006, 03:47 AM
Enthusiast

I can understand your feelings, but 40 isn't so out of line. Though mine only had 6 on it, I'd ask the dealer for an explanation of the mileage and where it came from as well. I'm sure that there are some people out there who ordered one without having had the opportunity to give it a test drive and when it arrived decided that it wasn't for them. Not a big deal since it means that you can have it as a result of their decision. Good luck and enjoy the car!

Quick Reply: Need advice

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands