Navi Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default Navi Question

Can you change the destination on the Navi while the car is in motion?

Old 03-11-2006, 06:51 AM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!
Default Re: Navi Question

If you want to set a new destination, say or press Menu/Cancel Current Destination, then program in the new one. If you want to select a waypoint, say or select Menu/Menu and program the waypoint. Once it asks if you want to set your destination and you say OK, it will ask if you want it as a new destination or waypoint. I have done this for one destination and two waypoints before. But it program in the waypoints in the order that you enter them.

If you want to have the NAV send you in the "next nearest destination" order, use Today's Destinations. Today's Destinations can guide you in the order of entry or nearest next destination.

Hope that was clear....

Old 03-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There are also options to change your route to avoid certain roads or to make your route calculation more direct (less turns) or faster (more highways). You can do all these things while enroute.

Old 03-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks guys, I havent' gotten my car yet, so it doesn't make perfect sense to me, but I'm sure it will once I start playing around with it. And Thank you AZMerf, that was actually another question that I had but I forgot to ask. I live near a lot of interstates, and depending on the time of day, even though the interstate is the most direct route, its not always the fastest. So I was very interested in changing the route. Thanks again guys...

Old 03-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

While Honda/Acura Nav systems aren't the fanciest (I remember a friend having an Infinity that showed some routes in 3D), I think it's the best on the market. A single DVD and it just works flawlessly. The voice option is fantastic. I am not sure how it does it but you can almost talk in natural language when giving commands. You'll really enjoy it.