NAVI question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast
Question NAVI question

I must admit, having to "OK" the disclaimer screen every time you start the car is getting to be a little annoying ...Is there a way to accept it and be done with it? Is there a hack

You would think that having the owner accept it one time would be sufficient - but I guess it's in case anyone else drives the car...still, I think this is a little overkill. I'm surprised they don't have a disclaimer for not using the map lights/vanity mirror while driving, or for not smoking while filling up the car, or for promising to keep all arms and legs inside the vehicle while moving ...or that this vehicle is not a toy...

Disclaimered-to-death

Old 03-23-2005, 05:22 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Navi ?

Good morning, Lisa.

I don't really have an answer, and I too would like to not have to push the OK. I blame the lady with the hot coffee lawsuit against McD's....

However, unless I'm using Navi, I simply wait for the OK button and hit info to go to trip or hit Audio for XM.

Doesn't answer your question though....

Actually, when someone's riding with me, I do hit OK because Navi is the "neatest" looking screen even when not using for info.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Site Founder

Trust me, you aren't the only ones! The Prius' GPS does the same thing. CoastaleTech actually came up with a little mod for it, but they're pretty slow on service and it's only for the Prius, anyway.

I guess that's what we get for living in the US, land of the sue-happy.

Old 03-30-2005, 05:44 AM
Enthusiast

Does the Accord Navi provide hybrid performance data such as instant MPG, or other things like the Prius does?

p

Old 03-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't know how the Prius layout is, but yes, the Accorn Navi does provide instant readout and data - however, it's in a bar graph, so it's not exact; but it is very helpful in knowing how you're doing and what will improve it.

As most (I guess), it has a setting to automatically reset with each fillup and has a history button showing the previous one tank, including miles travelled, mpg, average speed, and time driven.

In addition, it has two trip meters with each having an independent mpg reading that resets with the trip.

Hope this helps and I didn't leave out much....

Old 03-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks Tink!

The Prius shows a graph, too... beyond that, I'm not sure. I'm glad to find out the HAH has a similar function... that will make it easier for me to enter my data here on this website and keep track.

p

Old 03-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Contributor ($)

The Honda Accord Navi has a much longer wait time than the Prius when it comes to how soon you get to the screen when you can past the disclaimer screeen. I haven't timed it, but it feels like eternity.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Rarely post anything

-tdmsu: If you use the Navi mpg, you'll be cheating yourself out of a mile or so per gallon, in my experience. Better to go with one of the two trip odos (they started out off a bit as well, but have since 'calmed down' to within 0.2 mpg of calculated actual (mi / gal used). I still think best is a manual calc, and that's what I use.

-Eric: Agreed w/ 'eternity'... the worst part for me, is that you can't select the 'audio' or 'info' sections until that disclaimer appears (maybe the 'A/C' as well; I don't recall).

$100.00 gas certificate to the person who hacks this interface and:

a. Stops the disclaimer from appearing / forcing acknowledgement...every...single...time

b. Makes the 'audio' and 'info' sections accessible sooner, which will require...

c. Making the Alpine unit boot faster (requiring a firmware / ROM change, and thus, impossible via software)

But, hey...if you manage to do it, post here. Your gas certificate will be waiting

Old 03-31-2005, 06:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenAndBlue
-tdmsu: If you use the Navi mpg, you'll be cheating yourself out of a mile or so per gallon, in my experience. Better to go with one of the two trip odos (they started out off a bit as well, but have since 'calmed down' to within 0.2 mpg of calculated actual (mi / gal used). I still think best is a manual calc, and that's what I use.
Morning, Mark. I understand what your saying but I'm not sure the NAVI *might* not be closer.

Reasoning: (1) Navi appears to figure mileage via GPS - it always says a bit more in mileage than the odo. I tested it with my Garmin GPS, and the Navi and Garmin were the same - the odo differed. So, where does you opinion lie with the accuracy of GPS - many people differ, but my opinion (limited, though it is) from what I've read is that the GPS is more accurate. There are speed discrepancies in speedometers - that's undeniable - which would seem to affect the accuracy of the odo. Also, tread depth, to a slight degree, and how many turns you make. Some have changed tires and/or wheels - are they *exact*? (2) Has anyone seen the reports that are issued on the accuracy of gas pumps? There is an entity that checks their accuracy from time to time and they are rarily exact. They are certainly close (usually), but not right on. They sometimes publish these in our local paper.

I am the farthest thing from an expert on this - these are just my thoughts.
-Eric: Agreed w/ 'eternity'... the worst part for me, is that you can't select the 'audio' or 'info' sections until that disclaimer appears (maybe the 'A/C' as well; I don't recall).
It *is* annoying. I timed it a couple minutes ago - 23 seconds. I've not seen the Prius boot up - anyone know the time?
$100.00 gas certificate to the person who hacks this interface and...
I'm in on that deal, too!

Old 03-31-2005, 09:15 AM
Contributor ($)

The wait for the "ok" button to show up is frustrating, but at least Accord owners are able to acess all the map/navi features while the car is moving.

In the Prius, certain map/navi features get "locked out" once the car is in motion. This makes it impossible for Prius owners to make some changes or look-ups while driving. They must stop the car first.

I just assumed that the Accord Hybrid would have the same "lockout feature", but was pleasantly suprised to see that this annoyance did not exist in the Accord.

Quick Reply: NAVI question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands