My HCH II hit in the parking lot

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default My HCH II hit in the parking lot

Hello,

I am recent owner of a HCH. Took delivery 2 weeks back and have been enjoying so far.
My first tank fetched me 547 miles (aproximately 10.07 gallons). I started taking inside roads to and from work which reduced my commute by 10 miles each way.

After coming back from work I parked my vehicle in my complex. My wife made me realize that the front side was scratched. When I saw it closely my reg. plate has a hole carved and there are a few scratches where the paint has come off.

I am sure it is caused by someone who was trying to park backing up. I am so pissed off at this moment because I did not realize it at work.Else I would have been able to lodge a complaint. Not sure what action I can take other than coontacting the insurance company. I am going to talk to the security at work tomorrow.....not sure if they can help.

Never thought this would happen.......Just not a good way to start a week.
BTW I just enjoy the ride everytime I take it out.

Regards

Old 06-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My HCH II hit in the parking lot

That sucks. These days if you're parking anywhere near someone else you run a risk. Good luck getting it back to normal.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

I park at the far end of the lot
I know how other ppl's cars look and do not want
to take the risk.

I was lying in bed clynching my teeth last weekend in Vegas thinking about some tourist slamming their car door into mine.

So sorry for the inconvenience. My car just got out of the body shop as well. A young boy slid into the side of me while racing. Pain!

Old 06-26-2006, 05:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My thoughts exactly. That does suck. I normally try to park as far away from everybody else as possilble. A few weeks ago, I took my son to see Cars. The parking lot was very crowded. After the movie, I walked around the car and saw red paint on the passenger door. It wiped off, but it left a small minor indention. I also got dinged on the other side on the door handle. It actually removed paint. Dings and scratches are much easier to take when it's your own fault.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

When I had the '04, someone opened their SUV door into mine. Luckily, my dealer fixed it for $80, no paint damage.

Good luck.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Dang McDonald's eating, mass consumption, fat, unintelligent, SUV driving Americans.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yeah somebody hit me the other day. He was pulling out of a driveway and clipped the right rear of my bumper and scratched up my right rear wheel. I am not going to get my bumper fixed since it is just scratched up. He didn’t damage the rear fender, so there won’t be rust. I figured I would just use the money to pay off the car more quickly. Parking in Chicago will eventually lead to scratched and dented bumpers no matter how careful you are. Just going to make sure the wheel is straight and the alignment is okay.