My first drive in my new hybrid!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Active Enthusiast
Smile My first drive in my new hybrid!

Hi All,

well, just got my Civic Hybrid 2006 today! The color is Magnetic Pearl. It really is a nice color!

Now for the first drive. I did a lot of reading in this forum for the last few weeks (while waiting for the delivery of the car). Now, even thought I read a lot, putting all of the theory in practice is the tricky part.

While I did try to drive conservatively, there is still a lot room for improvement. Even with that, I was able to achieve 5.5l / 100km (43MPG) on the first drive (rought 12 Miles) which is not too far from EPA ratings.

Now, a few details on the drive:

- Winter conditions (it's Canada, eh!)
- Wet roads (melting snow)
- Winter tires
- Non flat terrain (think rolling hills, not climbs)
- 80/20 highway/city drive

All in all, a very nice first drive with quite adequate FE for a neophyte! All in all a very very pleasant drive. Can't wait to play with it even more.

Another happy buyer,
Stephane.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:36 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: My first drive in my new hybrid!

Stephane;

Congrats: on your Brand New HCH ll purchase. Well it sounds like you might want to drive careful from your description of the weather there. I take it you are from Canada? Where in Canada?

Don't be a stranger to us here on GreenHybrid, now that you have your new HCH ll.

Regards;

Terry

Old 12-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My first drive in my new hybrid!

Hi Terry,

Yes, I'm from Canada. Montreal, Quebec to be precise. Today was our second or third snow fall of the winter season. The season is starting later that usual but it can get pretty bad (like any northern city).

Like someone said on these boards, if you think your FE is bad with your civic hybrid, think what it would be with a non hybrid!

Cheers,
Stephane.

Old 12-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Congrats on your new car! Welcome to GreenHybrid!

Old 12-10-2005, 05:57 AM
Owner

Congrats Stephane,

I almost got that color as well as I was able to find one about a month ago with NAVI. I am on my second day of ownership of a HCH and I am enjoying the car as well.

Richard