My 06 HCH is in, Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default My 06 HCH is in, Finally!

After reading the through some post for the past couple weeks, I guess i have realized a few things.

1. The Nav does not have XM built in, Right? Can Sirius be installed with out external parts?

2. Takeing delivery after the new year will work better for me with the tax situation than it will work for others.

3. Are these cars really averaging 60 mpg? My 04 gets about 42 mpg.

4. I didnt realize there were so many accessorie options. Were to start?

I live in Va, but i bought my car from a delership in MD. I am paying MSRP. I had to wait about 5 months for the car though.

Anyone have any inside info on what is going to happen to the HOV law in Va?

I am excited to finally get my car!

Old 01-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My 06 HCH is in, Finally!

Congradulations. You'll find a lot of useful information on the site. As you can see, the HCH forum is the most active.

As far as I know, the Sirius equipment cannot be integrated into the Nav system. It's XM compatible so you'll need XM equipment. It's kind of like the cell phones where specific phones are made for specific networks.

There is a tax CREDIT this year but nobody knows exactly what it will be (best estimates so far is $2,100 for the HCH).

Check the mileage database on the MPG comparisons. There is a lot of real world data in there that might help. I don't think most are getting in the 60s but I did see a couple in the 50s. A lot will depend on how much you want to save MPGs. It will probably be as good or a little better than your '04.

Have fun!

Old 01-11-2006, 06:39 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: My 06 HCH is in, Finally!

Originally Posted by nykrnva
After reading the through some post for the past couple weeks, I guess i have realized a few things.

1. The Nav does not have XM built in, Right? Can Sirius be installed with out external parts?

2. Takeing delivery after the new year will work better for me with the tax situation than it will work for others.

3. Are these cars really averaging 60 mpg? My 04 gets about 42 mpg.

4. I didnt realize there were so many accessorie options. Were to start?

I live in Va, but i bought my car from a delership in MD. I am paying MSRP. I had to wait about 5 months for the car though.

Anyone have any inside info on what is going to happen to the HOV law in Va?

I am excited to finally get my car!
Welcome Chris;

You have so many questions that it would take quite awhile to answer all of them and alot of them have been covered here (GreenHybrid) in Great Depth.

Look for the word "Search" and Click on it. I think when you start using it you will find that there is (Tons) of Information here on just about any subject covering the Honda Civic hybrid.

Give it a Try-Out and if you still have more questions that need to be addressed, Please Post them and we will take it from there.

HTH

Terry

Old 01-12-2006, 11:20 AM

If you get 42 with an '04, expect 43-44 with the '06. The FE difference is very small in most cases but the car itself is alot better.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for all the info.

I didnt expect it to be that good on gas. In Va we have the advantage of riding in the HOV lane with 1 rider, so the gas is not the only incentive.

I think i will get a Sirius radio regardles. Stern Fanz.