My 03 Civic Hybrid keeps turning off

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation My 03 Civic Hybrid keeps turning off

I have a problem with my car. I first overheated my car and had a blown head gasket. They replace the gasket and the car goes on but then after about a min it makes a fast clicking noise under the plastic cover that is attached to the steering wheel and then turns off. I notice that the light of the parking (red light) flickers also. Then when i try to turn the car on again it turns on for split second and thats it. Could it be a sensor, does it have to do with anything of the battery. Any help will be really appreciated THanks.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Default Re: My 03 Civic Hybrid keeps turning off

Sounds like a relay or something, but I don't know if there is one in that area. It could possibly be a wire near the ignition switch making intermittent contact. Maybe it is coming loose or something. I expect someone could look at it real quick and probably fix it. Alternatively it could be the sound is actually coming from behind the instrument panel or even near the shifter and you are just mishearing where it is coming from.

Here is a link to the page that shows the ignition switch area.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...INATION+SWITCH