ZEV Mandate- YOU CAN HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Exclamation ZEV Mandate- YOU CAN HELP!

This is a duplicate post. I posted it in the Fuel Economy and Emissions section, but I think that the HCH section gets the most traffic. Anyways, I am not trying to force this on anyone. We are just trying to spread the word about the upcoming amendments to the ZEV mandates and need all the support we can get.

Original Post:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) will be voting on amendments to the Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV) Mandate on March 27, 2008.

YOU CAN HELP!!! Even if you don't live in California, you can contact Governor Schwarzenegger and the CARB and encourage them to pass legislations that improve emissions standards.

People from all over the world have contacted them! Just because you don't live in CA doesn't mean that you can't help. If California adopts stricter standards, other states are likely to follow.

If you have seen Who Killed the Electric Car?, then you may remember CARB amending the ZEV mandate from the video. This time, the public needs to take action!

This is what we want CARB to vote on:

Require the full 25,000 ZEVs that automakers had promised for 2012-2014

Create a separate requirement for plug-in hybrids that lets them replace the dirtiest vehicles in CARB's regulations, rather than the cleanest ZEVs

Incentivize plug-in hybrids that have the most on-board electricity storage

To contact CARB and governor Schwarzenegger (and get a whole lot of other great info on ZEVs and PHEVs), visit www.pluginamerica.com

Thank you,
Colby and Plug in America

Old 03-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: ZEV Mandate- YOU CAN HELP!

I saw it in the other post earlier. The letter for Arnie has my name added to the list.
Folks, this is as easy as pie to do.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ZEV Mandate- YOU CAN HELP!

Yep. It just takes a few click to send the pre-written letter, or you can type your own. With only one week until CARB's decision, we are trying to get as many people to contact the governor and CARB as possible.