MSRP???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: MSRP???

internet quote was $300 over MSRP but they raised to $900 over MSRP when we walked in two hours after they sold their last 06 HCH sitting on the lot today.

it kind of depends on the salesman handling your transaction. our contact was Damien Fukushima: ask for him to quote for you. he was not pushy at all and helped us greatly.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:42 PM

I just paid and signed all the paperwork for a 2006 HCH for MSRP, but the car is not actually there yet and should arrive in 10 days. I chose this route because I had no better luck finding a dealer selling for MSRP; the [second-]best I could find was $1000 markup. I'd been in contact with Carson Honda (near Long Beach) for a couple of months and they finally got 3 non-nav HCHs late last night; I drove to them today and they were charging $4000 markup! Plus they forced on worthless accessories like a cargo net and splash guards. And when they appraised the car I was trading in, they didn't even open the doors! They just looked at the outside and the engine, so they were probably going to name some ludicrously low figure for it but I never got the chance to hear it since I left.

Anyway Fuller Honda in Chula Vista (near Mexico) seemed like a very honest dealer. They sold the car for MSRP with no markup, no accessories, and no bullshit fees. There was a $45 paperwork fee, $205 license fee, and tax. And they gave me a slightly low but fair price for the car I was trading in.

I had tried leaving a deposit with them a few days ago but they turned it down because they wanted to be able to sell the cars to anyone willing to pay for it ahead of time. I can't blame them and now I have secured my MSRP hybrid! It's Opal Silver Blue which is the color I most wanted, too. It had a build date of 10/24 so I hope it gets here before Thanksgiving.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:12 PM

Sounds like we're in the same boat (maybe literally!). I just put down a deposit and signed a contract for an 06 HCH w/NAVi at Menlo Honda in Redwood City. MSRP with no accessories and no extra fees. Build date of 10/28, should be here by the end of the month! I really wish there was a web site where I could plug in my VIN and get tracking info

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
I just paid and signed all the paperwork for a 2006 HCH for MSRP, but the car is not actually there yet and should arrive in 10 days.
It had a build date of 10/24 so I hope it gets here before Thanksgiving.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: MSRP???

Hi all,
I requested an internet quote from Gilroy Honda and quickly received a call back from Al Delarosa, their internet sales manager.
MSRP minus $100
On top of that, Al was easy going, friendly, and helpful. If you live anywhere near Gilroy, get in touch with Al Delarosa for a straightforward, fair deal. I am putting down a deposit.

BTW-Earlier today, Ocean Honda in Santa Cruz wouldn't even consider less than $1000 over MSRP.
Good luck to those still searching!!
Chris

Old 11-11-2005, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_S
Hi all,
I requested an internet quote from Gilroy Honda and quickly received a call back from Al Delarosa, their internet sales manager.
MSRP minus $100
Chris
That's great! The deals are definitely out there. Did he give you any idea about availability?

Old 11-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast

Latest February. Works well for me because I need to sell my current vehicle and I want to get the '06 tax credit.