Looking to get an 06 HCH!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Looking to get an 06 HCH!

I went down to the dealership tonight. This particular dealer was the only one in my area that supposedly had the ASM in stock. By late afternoon, when I was going to make my way over I received an email that they sold the last 2 ASM's and would hold a TW for me to check out. I was also told to call him two hours before I came so he could try and secure a ASM from another dealer.

Anyway, I get there and he tells me that he wasn't able to get the ASM but let me take the TW out for a test drive.

So my thoughts on it, after my 5 minute test drive (which included getting onto the freeway) were:

Good:
-Quiet and smooth (compared to my Element)
-Roomy and spacious for a compact car
-Adequate acceleration for getting onto the freeway
-Good visibility all around

Bad:
-The steering wheel feels real small in my hands (compared to the Element). It's not really bad, but it would take some getting used to
-When the hybrid enters regen mode, I can feel the engine drag and hear a high pitched whine coming from the dash area

What will take some getting used to:
-Adjusting my driving style to a hybrid
-The dash pod location
-Sitting a lot lower than my Element

What I didn't get to test:
-Audio system

So after that test drive... I definitely feel that the HCH2 is for me.

Now, why didn't I walk out of the dealership with one tonight? It was primarily because he didn't have the color I wanted. I really like the Alabaster Silver Metallic because of the two tone interior. The Taffeta White was decent, but I've never been particularly fond of white cars in general.

The second reason: price. I was originally quoted $23,400 by the internet manager over email. After a few phone conversations, I was told that he might be able to do MSRP. I know that didn't mean that it meant that he could but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and check it out. After my 5 minute test drive, we start talking numbers. I was given the "let me ask my boss" song and dance and a few minutes later wrote down $22,900 for the car, total out the door price was to be $25,190.

I kindly thanked him for his time and told him the main reason why I chose to come down to his dealership was that in his original email he said that he did not want to lose by business because of price. But I guess that wasn't the case. I told him of my $21,600 quote (which iwll take over a month to get, and I have to drive 600 miles round trip to get it) and my $22,400 (free courtesy delivery to my home) quote. He didn't budge so I thanked him once again and left.

I did not honestly expect to walk out of the dealership with the HCH2 today anyway since it didn't seem that he would meet my $24,000 out the door price.

Now I've gotta contact the 2 very far dealerships and try and secure one!

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Oh, and thanks for your guys' help so far... this is a great website and a gerat community! I don't know if it's better than my beloved EOC though...

Old 01-07-2006, 09:24 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Looking to get an 06 HCH!

Originally Posted by Sheniferous
I went down to the dealership tonight. This particular dealer was the only one in my area that supposedly had the ASM in stock. By late afternoon, when I was going to make my way over I received an email that they sold the last 2 ASM's and would hold a TW for me to check out. I was also told to call him two hours before I came so he could try and secure a ASM from another dealer.

Anyway, I get there and he tells me that he wasn't able to get the ASM but let me take the TW out for a test drive.

So my thoughts on it, after my 5 minute test drive (which included getting onto the freeway) were:

Good:
-Quiet and smooth (compared to my Element)
-Roomy and spacious for a compact car
-Adequate acceleration for getting onto the freeway
-Good visibility all around

Bad:
-The steering wheel feels real small in my hands (compared to the Element). It's not really bad, but it would take some getting used to
-When the hybrid enters regen mode, I can feel the engine drag and hear a high pitched whine coming from the dash area

What will take some getting used to:
-Adjusting my driving style to a hybrid
-The dash pod location
-Sitting a lot lower than my Element

What I didn't get to test:
-Audio system

So after that test drive... I definitely feel that the HCH2 is for me.

Now, why didn't I walk out of the dealership with one tonight? It was primarily because he didn't have the color I wanted. I really like the Alabaster Silver Metallic because of the two tone interior. The Taffeta White was decent, but I've never been particularly fond of white cars in general.

The second reason: price. I was originally quoted $23,400 by the internet manager over email. After a few phone conversations, I was told that he might be able to do MSRP. I know that didn't mean that it meant that he could but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and check it out. After my 5 minute test drive, we start talking numbers. I was given the "let me ask my boss" song and dance and a few minutes later wrote down $22,900 for the car, total out the door price was to be $25,190.

I kindly thanked him for his time and told him the main reason why I chose to come down to his dealership was that in his original email he said that he did not want to lose by business because of price. But I guess that wasn't the case. I told him of my $21,600 quote (which iwll take over a month to get, and I have to drive 600 miles round trip to get it) and my $22,400 (free courtesy delivery to my home) quote. He didn't budge so I thanked him once again and left.

I did not honestly expect to walk out of the dealership with the HCH2 today anyway since it didn't seem that he would meet my $24,000 out the door price.

Now I've gotta contact the 2 very far dealerships and try and secure one!

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Oh, and thanks for your guys' help so far... this is a great website and a gerat community! I don't know if it's better than my beloved EOC though...
Well; lets see, I accomplished quite a few things today. like I just ordered a Logitech Z-2300 2.1 THX-Certified 200 Watt Speaker System that a GreenHybrid member recommended to me. I Had the pleasure of Chatting with a New member on the GreenHybrid Chat-Room. I also had the Pleasure to read your Latest post on your dealership visit and your try out of the HCH ll. I think that is quite a bit in itself.

Keep us informed on how it goes with your HCH ll deal.

Great-Accomplishments-Today

Terry

Old 01-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Looking to get an 06 HCH!

I just got an emailed deal for $24,000 out the door + courtesy delivery to my front door. It's about $300 more than I would've paid for the one from Bishop, CA, but I get to save a 600 mile round trip and 10+ hour journey to pick it up! Oh, and I decided on Magnetic Pearl instead of the Alabaster Silver!

I'll post details after I get off work!

Old 01-10-2006, 02:12 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Looking to get an 06 HCH!

Originally Posted by Sheniferous
I just got an emailed deal for $24,000 out the door + courtesy delivery to my front door. It's about $300 more than I would've paid for the one from Bishop, CA, but I get to save a 600 mile round trip and 10+ hour journey to pick it up! Oh, and I decided on Magnetic Pearl instead of the Alabaster Silver!

I'll post details after I get off work!
Hi; and Congrats on your New deal.

Let us know how you like the New HCH ll.

Terry