Is Lakedude really getting 60mpg?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Is Lakedude really getting 60mpg?

Can you decrease the frame rate?

Old 05-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Ahh, good idea. Actually I tried to lower the frame rate and G-Knot said that the frame rates did not match and "fixed" it automatically. Basically it wouldn't let me lower the frame rate for some reason. The frame rate could actually be cut in half cause nothing is going on all that quickly.

Old 05-19-2005, 01:26 AM

A couple of updates:

Tbaleno has the video available online now(thanks tom). See: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...3291#post13291

Got another 70+ (displayed) tank going. It isn't quite as good as the record tank due to one day of rain, one really cold night, one day of in town driving, one day of AC use, and a couple of times starting out a hair late to work. Still it is a pretty fine tank so far. Don't believe? Watch the video!

Old 05-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hawkGT647
Wait for his next two tanks to be posted... Maybe it was a single high tank and the average will come back in line.

Or it's excellent driving!

Regards,
Well, after downloading and viewing the video, I would say it's excellent driving!

Thanks for going to trouble, Lakedude.

It is enjoyable to watch, if you're interested in driving for MPG's.

Regards,

Old 06-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Well IMLC just hit 60 mpg for real, calculated by the pump. The lifetime "B" shows 62 mpg for 6k plus miles. I prefer to understate my mileage and feel that the displayed mileage is a tad high. IMLC's lifetime mileage would be 62 if I was using the "by display" method.

Any guesses where we will be in November after one full year of driving?

Old 06-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Lakedude:

___Yes, I see you are using hand calc’s.

___I think you will be up and around 61.5 - 62.0 actual lmpg or thereabouts by late November given the improvements in your last 4 tanks, your limited total distance driven to date, and your southern locale. That is if you can keep your hands off that A/C button for much of the rest of the summer It has been a scorching June throughout much of the Midwest already and I can just imagine what mid-July through early August has in store for us

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net