Killing the Buzzers on 06 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Enthusiast
Default Killing the Buzzers on 06 HCH

Greetings all, we take delivery of our new HCH later this week. Looking forward to all the great commentary and insights from folks here on the board. Sure have learned a lot already ...

This post is to ask if anyone has disconnected the buzzer(s) that come on an '06 (the ones that make a racket if you like to turn on the car before fastening your seat belt, open the door with the key in the ignition, etc.) Hopefully there is a single physical component that makes all these sounds so all can be eliminated by taking out one part.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter
Default Re: Killing the Buzzers on 06 HCH

Originally Posted by Tom in Austin
Greetings all, we take delivery of our new HCH later this week. Looking forward to all the great commentary and insights from folks here on the board. Sure have learned a lot already ...

This post is to ask if anyone has disconnected the buzzer(s) that come on an '06 (the ones that make a racket if you like to turn on the car before fastening your seat belt, open the door with the key in the ignition, etc.) Hopefully there is a single physical component that makes all these sounds so all can be eliminated by taking out one part.
Actually there is one:

Close the *&%#$ door, and fasten your *&!@!# seat belts BEFORE you turn on the %@$!! car... et voila!

Old 01-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Wow, that was a harsh comment.
Tom in Austin, welcome to the forum. I do not think you will find anyone that has done that yet on an 06. There was a thread a while back about someone who wanted to do that on an '05. The general consensus of the members was that this was a bad idea due to safety concerns. I do not think anyone provided an answer for him.

Usually folks here are very friendly

Last edited by clayk; 01-04-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It was probably not meant to be very harsh.
It expect it was meant to make a point while being humorous.

Humor, especially sarcastic humor, is difficult to pull of on forums unless the writer and all of the readers know each other very well.
You don't get the benefit of voice inflections, eye contact, facial gestures, or body language.
These things are a large part of communication and without them it is easy to be misunderstood.

Last edited by kenny; 01-04-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

I hope, and you probably are, correct. I was just trying to send a warmer welcome.

Clay

Old 01-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Indeed.
This forum does have a very friendly tone, one of the reasons I like it here.

BTW Tom, I used to also want to disconnect the buzzers.
They really bothered me.
I never did, I just ignore them or avoid hearing them by always buckling up and doing everything else the buzzers tell me.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

-So, the problem with this situation, is that on almost all new cars, the buzzer is integrated into the electronics cluster. Before (and this is a guess) 1995 or so, most cars could simply have the beeper disconnected or the fuse to that component removed.

-For the door beeping to be disabled, it's just a small amount of electronics work to manipulate the sensor.

-For the seat belt beeping, it requires a great deal of work to access the wiring harness and solder the wires together to complete the circuit and trick the system into thinking the seat belts are always triggered. There are resources on both through a Honda Element website, and a number of others on Google.

Good luck.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

Oh yeah... If you disbable the door componenet be wary of these problems.
  • If you use the remote, you will be able to lock your keys in the car.
    When the remote is used to unlock the door(s), but no door is opened within about 30 seconds, the computer will relock the doors. With the driver's door switch disabled, the computer never knows a door has opened, so it relocks—even if the keys are inside the vehicle and you are outside. This can be inconvenient and costly.
  • The headlights-on beep will no longer work.
  • Simply opening the unlocked driver's door will no longer activate the dome light.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input. I am hoping to just locate and deactivate the device that produces the buzzing sounds, not stop the electronics system from triggering the device. As someone said, traditionally the buzzing device was a discrete component you could find by listening for where the noise was coming from.

Once I figure it out, I'll post for any others that are interested.

Old 01-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

-Yeah, that would be advantageous, but therin lies the problem.

-Todays carmakers are integrating this device into the actuall electronics control system. Disabling the device would be akin to removing the foot to get after a bunion. You'd have to tear the entire dash apart.

-With todays electronics it's nearly impossible to remove the beeping componenet, leaving the electronic sensor manipulation as your only real means of solving your problem.

Quick Reply: Killing the Buzzers on 06 HCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands