I've unstealthed my HCH.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I've unstealthed my HCH.

I would never take a bumper sticker off due to other folks insanity. They would meet my twin psycho if they pushed. Hell I'd help them push it. You tail gate me, flash lights, honk and make with the sign lang. your going to see alot of red real friggin fast.

Old 10-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bluecivichybrid
could this work? although i don't know if you could feed it information on the fly, but you could store messages like "45 mpg" or "50 mpg" and switch them with a remote:
I have one of these LED message signs. It's a popular model made by Beta-Brite. It has a network jack on it for programming. We used it at the radio station to automatically display emergency activation system warnings to the radio host so they could read them right on the air. I wasn't the one who made it all work but there is a way to make it stream text from a data source. Check with BetaBrite and see...

Old 10-09-2005, 08:14 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: I've unstealthed my HCH.

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
Really I wasn't going to say much about what happened to me regarding my sticker, but since this thread is running I'll mention.

Please understand that the last 18 months I can't remember anyone ever getting upset behind me. Not one.

Over the 1st two days of posting the sticker I had a nice conversation with another driver.
The next two days turned really ugly.
My faith in the other drivers in my area is shattered.

Day 3 I'm driving just above the speed limit at about 46-47MPH and a full size Chevy pickup comes up behind. Apparently he read my sticker as he agressively tailgated for a while. No where to pull over he'd back off a few car lengths then gassss it like he's going to ram, blowing his horn and flashing his lights.
Speeding up above 50 made no change.
Looked like the mid-age guy was really enjoying it.
After a couple more miles he turned off.
Good. I was rid of him.

Further down the road I arrived alone at a stop light. A minute later the intersection was packed. The light turned green and I didn't drive more than 20 feet before the car behind started blaring the horn, gestures and flashing lights.

Not a pleasant drive to say the least.

Day 4 was severely tailgated by numerous drivers.

Sorry, I don't need this treatment so last night I re-stealthed my HCH by removing the sticker.
Today back to normal. A nice, pleasant, uneventful drive.

Perhaps a less-radical posted MPG figure wouldn't generate such rage but I'm staying in steath mode.
Keep that in mind before posting figures on your back bumper.

I think we have alot further to go as a society as previously thought.
Hi Hot_Georgia;
I hate to say this but I don't think there are alot of people that would be willing to share the information that you have regarding your rear sticker and how it affected the other drivers around you. It is a shame but truthfully it does not really surprise me all that much. I work at a Chevrolet Dealership and I drive now and in the past Honda cars and like you have chosen to share with everyone your experiences with the sticker, I hear the most ridiculous comments about driving that little toy and not a (Real-Mans) vehicle, like a 3/4 ton pickup, Suburban, Tahoe etc. and I just laught and go about my business. I was considering the
(I-Get-50-MPG-You) license plate frame and the (WWW.GreenHybrid.COM) license plate frame and see if I would have a problem with the public because I don't drive all that fast these days.

You have done I think all of us a "Giant-Favor" by sharing your experience and now I will only order the (GreenHybrid) license plate frame and spare myself the grief.

Thank-You;

Terry

Old 10-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: I've unstealthed my HCH.

Originally Posted by coyote
Wow.

What a scary and disappointing story. "I think we have alot further to go as a society as previously thought." You are so right. My condolences.

I have always joked, "the more I know people, the more I like my dog." Some days that rings truer than others.
"I love mankind -- it's people I can't stand!" -- Linus

Old 01-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
Really I wasn't going to say much about what happened to me regarding my sticker, but since this thread is running I'll mention.

Please understand that the last 18 months I can't remember anyone ever getting upset behind me. Not one.

Over the 1st two days of posting the sticker I had a nice conversation with another driver.
The next two days turned really ugly.
My faith in the other drivers in my area is shattered.

Day 3 I'm driving just above the speed limit at about 46-47MPH and a full size Chevy pickup comes up behind. Apparently he read my sticker as he agressively tailgated for a while. No where to pull over he'd back off a few car lengths then gassss it like he's going to ram, blowing his horn and flashing his lights.
Speeding up above 50 made no change.
Looked like the mid-age guy was really enjoying it.
After a couple more miles he turned off.
Good. I was rid of him.

Further down the road I arrived alone at a stop light. A minute later the intersection was packed. The light turned green and I didn't drive more than 20 feet before the car behind started blaring the horn, gestures and flashing lights.

Not a pleasant drive to say the least.

Day 4 was severely tailgated by numerous drivers.

Sorry, I don't need this treatment so last night I re-stealthed my HCH by removing the sticker.
Today back to normal. A nice, pleasant, uneventful drive.

Perhaps a less-radical posted MPG figure wouldn't generate such rage but I'm staying in steath mode.
Keep that in mind before posting figures on your back bumper.

I think we have alot further to go as a society as previously thought.
IDJUTS! I just bought a more subtle license plate holder for mine off eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

I hope the first guy in the pickup enjoyed his post-hurricane gas prices...

Old 01-10-2006, 11:41 AM
World's First Hybrid

Originally Posted by BillR
IDJUTS! I just bought a more subtle license plate holder for mine off eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

I hope the first guy in the pickup enjoyed his post-hurricane gas prices...
Very nice! I have also re-stealthed my HCH, but this looks good. One for the front and back. I would also like to get some large white "Hybrid" lettering for the front stone sheild. BTW, we usually don't get this type of reaction from boston drivers, just the one finger salute on occasion. Maybe another sticker that says "My other car is an H2" would be ok....???

Old 01-10-2006, 12:12 PM
YA RLY.

Originally Posted by ralph_dog
Maybe another sticker that says "My other car is an H2" would be ok....???
If you're going to tick someone off, go all the way. The sticker should say "My other car uses even less gas than this one"

Old 01-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Vegetarian

I bought a sticker that says 50+ mpg (from mpgstick.com) but I haven't put in on my car yet because it looks like it was printed from an inkjet printer, not the quality I was hoping for. I'm afraid it wouldn't physicaly survive outside.

Edit-
I've put the sticker on, and it's doing well. I was surprised. Been on for a week or so.

Last edited by IMAhybrid; 01-27-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

hey guys, just came across this, you can display any of the sayings you'd want or even what your current mpg is in glowing LEDs! it looks pretty sweet and was thinking of picking one up, check'em out:

http://www.gadgetuniverse.com/catego...%20car%20plate

disclaimer: i dont work for gadgetuniverse.com or anything related to them. i simply received an e-mail from them with monthly specials (which i signed up to receive) and this was one of the products. i just thought i'd pass it on since this was discussed before.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:01 AM
Brains of the Operation

Wow, that would be great. I wonder if you can edit on-the-fly - the website doesn't say. I have a GH license frame that says "55 mpg - you?", and when people ask, I tell them that's my highway mileage (actually, my highway mileage is usually above 60). Hey, if the big car companies can advertise solely based on a car's highway mileage, I can brag solely about my highway mileage.

This thing would be great to just enter whatever mileage is in your trip display before every time you hit the road. It seems more relevant to see a license frame that scrolls "58.7 mpg" than to see GH one. Anyone else thinking of ordering one?

Quick Reply: I've unstealthed my HCH.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands