Interior protection

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 08:41 PM
'06 HCH Owner
Question Interior protection

I pick up my Galaxy Gray HCH in a couple of weeks, which means Ivory interior...

Has anyone sprayed their interior with ScotchGuard or a similar product? I was wondering how hard it was, how long it took to dry, is the smell tolerable, is it worth it, ect.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Interior protection

While I haven't Scotchguarded my HCHII yet, I do plan to soon. The light colored material will surely become soiled easily. I have treated couches and stuff like that before and never even noticed a smell. I'm sure it would be a good idea to do it.

Anybody here actually done it already?

If you haven't already got your windows tinted, I would reccomend doing that as well. Not only does it keep your interior cooler...but it will help keep your entire interior from cracking and/or fading by blocking the UV rays. Had mine done two days ago for $250.00.

Last edited by byebyegaspumps; 08-30-2006 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:47 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by MWAMAC
I pick up my Galaxy Gray HCH in a couple of weeks, which means Ivory interior...

Has anyone sprayed their interior with ScotchGuard or a similar product? I was wondering how hard it was, how long it took to dry, is the smell tolerable, is it worth it, ect.

I believe it really is worth it. I have scotchguarded every single vehicle I had and my newer 06HCH was no exception.
I usually clean the interior trim with a good automotive cleaning product, let it dry for 30+ minutes, then I apply the Scotchguard evently through the interior cloth trim, wipe the overspray excesses and let it dry for about 30 to 45 minutes with the doors fully open. When fully dry, the smell is barely noticeable.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 08-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I Scotchgarded our HCH2's beige interior. They tell you to let it dry for 24 hours, as I recall. You definitely want the windows and doors open when you do it; the fumes are a bit much while you're doing it.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Energy Independence

I used Scotchguard on my blue seats and ivory "other" cloth parts.
Just don't over-saturate. Allow plenty of time to dry. Repeat with a 2nd (or even 3rd) coat if you like. Try to keep the doors open as long as possible (windows down, too) as it will dry faster and the smell will dissipate.

Highly recommend window tinting also, unless you are always undercover during the day. Heat and color-fading and dash-cracking will certainly be issues otherwise, with the giant front windshield.