bought my hch2 yesterday, myhondawarranty.com (saccucci) warranty questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Enthusiast
Question bought my hch2 yesterday, myhondawarranty.com (saccucci) warranty questions

Hey everybody,

I just picked up my car yesterday from the dealer. I live in the SF bay area (palo alto, to be exact). All the prices around here were jacked up a few k over msrp, so I took a train up to the sacramento area to get my car at Elk Grove Honda. They offered a magnetic pearl for MSRP ($22745 -- it sucks that it's $45 more now!).

The salespeople were friendly, but I was skeptical about some of the things their financial officer was telling me. She offered me a warranty that was $1600 something for 6yrs/120k. I asked her if it was possible to get an extension at any point before my 3yr/36k basic warranty ran out. Her reply was that it used to be that way, but it's not like that anymore. Basically, I had to get the extended warranty then, or not at all. That kind of pressure seemed obnoxious. I showed her a printout I made from the saccucci site and she was basically like, "this is below our cost. we can't match that, but if you want to shop around, that's fine." so seemingly, she was contradicting herself. then she saw that the company was based in RI, and she told me that rhode island dealerships weren't allowed to sell warranties to people in CA. Anyhow, their warranty provider was American Honda. Perhaps those restrictions of about purchasing time and geography only apply to dealers affiliated with that company??

So my questions basically are
1) when is the latest I can buy an extended warranty?
2) what was that RI can't sell to CA crap?

thanks everybody! i'm excited about my new car.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: bought my hch2 yesterday, myhondawarranty.com (saccucci) warranty questions

To get a $0 deductible new car coverage, HondaCare must be purchased no later than 6 months or 6,000 miles after new vehicle purchase.
A dealer in RI can sell you the HondaCare, as many others will attest to.

In any case, I hope you are enjoying your new HCHII.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: bought my hch2 yesterday, myhondawarranty.com (saccucci) warranty questions

She was lying. Shocking, I know.

EZ is correct.
I have a Honda Care warranty thru Saccucci myself.
The PRICE might be different, depending on what state you are in, but Saccucci can sell you your warranty, I'm pretty sure. I'm in TX. That state I know for sure.
The ONLY state with outrageous restrictions is FL. In FL, you must buy an extended warranty from someone in FL. Of course, that limits the competition and they jack up the prices in FL. It's just a little too much of the government there trying to keep folks from getting taken by the unscrupulous, fly-by-night warranty companies.

Keep in mind this is NOT an extension of the basic Honda warranty. Meaning not everything is covered. This is a pretty full-featured extended warranty, covering most components, though.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

Also picked up the 8/120 from Saccucci, and I'm in OH. Suffice to say, more than just a couple of sites call the dealership finance officer the "lienance" officer for exactly the reasons you stated. They'll make all sorts of outrageous claims to put gravy on their sale.

Now if you don't mind, there's a really cute Chenjesu over there

Old 08-29-2006, 02:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Gumby is correct!

Be glad, real GLAD you dont live in FL with rules like this. I would like to buy an extended policy for my hah but living here in Fl makes it tough to get a decent deal and I hate being ripped off.

You realize that you probably have 60 days to cancel that policy you just bought for any reason at all. Find a better deal now, with less pressure BUT before purchasing it, cancel the other one and make sure you get your refund in hand before proceeding to pay for new one.

Let us know how you made out.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

When buying the extended warranty, first take note that you are in a "clean" state. CA has laws which significantly extend the warranty on the hybrid powertrain and emissions-related equipment to 15 years / 100,000 miles or 15 years / 150,000 miles depending on the component. (I am SURE the dealer neglected to mention this key bit of information.)

As such, it doesn't make sense to buy the extended warranty just to cover the hybrid components (including the battery) or other emissions-related repairs.

Just wanted to make sure you were buying it for the right reasons.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat as some others...I purchased my extended warranty from Saccucci and I live in IL. If I were you, I'd call that woman, remind her of the ethical laws of business practice, and then direct her to this site! Then, tell her she's full of it.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

I thought it was just based on the 6K mileage? Can anyone else verify the 6 mos. thing? Also, just wait till you get the Honda survey in the mail or by phone to tell them what a weasel that lady was.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SrfCity
I thought it was just based on the 6K mileage? Can anyone else verify the 6 mos. thing? Also, just wait till you get the Honda survey in the mail or by phone to tell them what a weasel that lady was.
I incorrectly stated 6 months, you are correct, the vehicle must be a 2005 or newer and have 6000 miles or less at the time of sale...

Between 6,000 and 36,000 miles the vehicle qualifies for "pre-owned" HondaCare coverage.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EZ2beGreen
I incorrectly stated 6 months, you are correct, the vehicle must be a 2005 or newer and have 6000 miles or less at the time of sale...

Between 6,000 and 36,000 miles the vehicle qualifies for "pre-owned" HondaCare coverage.
Also, I think the 6K thing is kind of random. An extended starts from day one so I'm not sure how they'd know if you ordered it after the 6K mark unless you had the car in for service and it could be verified by puter.

Quick Reply: bought my hch2 yesterday, myhondawarranty.com (saccucci) warranty questions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands