Impromptu meet near Dallas, TX April 13-15

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:43 AM
Banned
Default Re: Impromptu meet near Dallas, TX April 13-15

Flash,

Very sorry about the upheaval with a new job and the fender bender.

Sorry to pester - but a little typo in the number: 4I2.4&0.3764.

So is 5pm Sat. at Sprint Creek BBQ just across from Town East Mall OK?

Now that we have the bad news - I have some exciting news for the people that meet.

Originally Posted by Flash
Thanks, Johnc73, for the concern and yes I'm still here - just into a new job (about 3.5 weeks now) so the changeover brought lots and lots of busy-time and there is nothing like replying to my own post about 36 hours before we are meeting. I'm still in Pittsburgh in 34 F weather with light rain/whisps of snow and am looking forward to the TX weather.

I'm also hoping that my Family Reunion is more of a lunch gathering which will allow me to get out for our 5 PM start time. Please be on the lookout for a semi-pearl Blue 2007 Acura RL with PA plates that is driving around lost - that will be me as my parents are driving to Mesquite from Pittsburgh (a scant 1,200 miles) and I'm hoping to borrow his car, and maybe even him, for this Gathering. His car should have about 1,700 miles on it by then so still brand-spanking new.

Also, I was in a parking lot yesterday (parked, car off, e-brake on) and a '98 Yukon had the nerve to back into my driver's side headlight and quarter panel. We DO need louder horns though I don't think that would have saved me. Even at 5-8 mph a 5,500# SUV does a good bit of damage to a 3,400# car or whatever we weigh. The estimate came in close to $1,900 and next week or after I will be without my chariot for a week. Insurance covers rental car costs but not the amount I will lose in fuel consumption. Oh well. At least the car is still functional.

I won't be in range of the forum after noon today (Friday) but have access to my email so send a note through the forum if necessary or in a jam you can call 4I2.4&0.3764 - had to play with the number there so some robotic search engine doesn't pick up on it but you guys will figure it out. See you folks in 36 hours.

P.S. I'll be on N Belt Line Rd which is about 1 exit South on I-635 and 1 exit East on US-80. You guys are awesome. Great location.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Banned

Spring Creek BBQ address:

3939 W Emporium Cir

From I635 (LBJ Frwy) - exit to Town East blvd, then turn north on Emporium.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Contributor ($)

Hey guys, DeltaFlyer is also helping out with a cool hybrid car event that will be happening in your neck of the woods this summer. All I can say for now is that you should reserve the evening of July 6th for some more hybrid camaraderie.

Be sure to ask Delta about it when you see him this weekend!

Old 04-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

So I'm sitting in the PIT airport and get a call from my parents (already in Mesquite) who say they are watching a Dallas tv station of the golfball-size hail coming down. Then they say that the entire DFW airport closed due to the large hail and tornado warnings. Who knows when I will arrive but the weather map certainly looks colorful at 6:50 PM Dallas time by the way and hopefully that will be finished by the time we land.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Banned

I was quite concened, but the storm is well east of Dallas, although it will possibility of tornados exist until midnight.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Just landed safely and without passing Dorothy's house in the air. Should be all set now.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:35 AM
Banned

You might have flown over my home on the final approach.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Energy Independence

I'm now more "iffy" than ever. Ughh.
It changes every day.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Banned

Still on for 5pm tonight....

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Spring Creek BBQ address:

3939 W Emporium Cir

From I635 (LBJ Frwy) - exit to Town East blvd, then turn north on Emporium.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Should be there. Not familiar with the area and then there's supposedly construction. Will be looking for an Insight or brand new Acura in the lot, or if I get there early, I'm in a silver car.

Quick Reply: Impromptu meet near Dallas, TX April 13-15

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands