Impromptu meet near Dallas, TX April 13-15

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Impromptu meet near Dallas, TX April 13-15

Hello to any owners near Dallas. My wife and I will be on a weekend trip to Mesquite, TX that weekend and I'd love to meet up with any HCH owners down that way or create an impromptu Gathering of the local owners. Who is around the Mesquite area and willing to start something?

Old 03-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Impromptu meet near Dallas, TX April 13-15

I am kind of surprised we don't have any formal group here in Dallas. (Or maybe I just don't know about it.)

I'm game to meet up somewhere. I haven't any time to plan anything, but surely we can find some generic-enough restaurant and take over their parking lot!

I'm about 10-15 miles west of Mesquite, very close to 635 and 75. Delta Flyer (and his Insight), up in Lewisville, isn't more than 35 minutes away from Mesquite. Johnc73 is nearby, too. Abowles (and his Prius) and SteveJust (HCH1) are too. And if my memory wasn't so bad, I could remember others in the DFW area, too.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 PM

That would be great if we could get a bunch together. My parents live near me in Pittsburgh and are actually driving down to Mesquite and have agreed to drive down our luggage so we can fly luggage-free. I'll have their car at my disposal (PLEASE don't make me drive far - it is a gas-guzzling 4.0-L inline 6 supercharged Jaguar XJS). He has his eye on a new Acura RL though but doubt he will get that by mid-April. Anyway, it would be great to meet some of you folks and hit a parking lot in a strip mall or restaurant somewhere. I'd love some authentic Texas BBQ as well so let's get some ideas goin'. I'm thinking Sat evening is the best time as our Family Reunion is Sat during the day and we arrive Fri and leave Sun.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gumby
I am kind of surprised we don't have any formal group here in Dallas. (Or maybe I just don't know about it.)

I'm game to meet up somewhere. I haven't any time to plan anything, but surely we can find some generic-enough restaurant and take over their parking lot!

I'm about 10-15 miles west of Mesquite, very close to 635 and 75. Delta Flyer (and his Insight), up in Lewisville, isn't more than 35 minutes away from Mesquite. Johnc73 is nearby, too. Abowles (and his Prius) and SteveJust (HCH1) are too. And if my memory wasn't so bad, I could remember others in the DFW area, too.
About three years ago, Wolfman (he moderated at PriusChat) met in Grapevine with his FEH. Unfortunately, nobody else came. I think a better turn out is possible

Old 03-07-2007, 10:24 PM

Correction and wonderful news - I'll be at this meet in Dad's shiny new 2007 Acura RL SH-AWD. This car is simply world-class (adaptive headlights, traffic /accidents on the Nav screen, tire pressure monitoring system, etc.). I'll have fun showing it off while I'm down there. Awesome.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:56 AM
Banned

Town East Mall is in Mesquite with plenty of outlets outside the mall.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:28 AM

Thanks, Delta Flyer. My wife searched for that mall and found a few stores she will definitely visit and, as a bonus, she can shop as much as she likes as we are flying down but my parents are driving down so we'll be able to stash all our luggage and items in their car and fly back sans baggage. Wheeee.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Banned

One of Dallas' claim to fame is more retail stores per capita than any other city.

For me, it's just 45 minutes to get there. If other members in the D/FW area prefer a shorter commute - there are plenty of other malls. The biggest and newest is Grapevine Mills (in Grapevine).

At this point, let's see if other members will chime in and add some feedback.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Energy Independence

Pick a spot. At the moment, it looks like I'm in.

Town East Mall would probably be the easiest (and quickest) for Mr. Flash to find.
Grapevine Mills Mall might prove slightly more tricky.
If you've never been to Dallas, the Galleria, although overrated, IS a cool place to go. Pretty decent Tex-Mex place there, too (Tino's?). And it's easy to find too. Downside is parking is in parking garages instead of out in the open air.
I'll have to think about a good Texas BBQ place nearby.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

I guess we will tenetively plan to meet at Town East Mall in Mesquite.

Mapblast > http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v...nited%20States

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 03-11-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Impromptu meet near Dallas, TX April 13-15

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands