IKEA gave me my own parking spot in front of the store!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Hybrid-Hugger
Default IKEA gave me my own parking spot in front of the store!!!

OK, me and every other Hybrid owner. I am pretty sure it is a chain-wide thing they have started (they have 2 spots, just outside the exist doors at their Calgary store- nice green Hybrid parking signs). I was impressed, but also a little dissapointed- they obviously used 2 handicap parking spaces (and prime ones at that). So I am not sure if I should feel bad that there are less handicap spots, or feel worse that hybrid owners are considered handicapped <grin>. Heck, who cares, I can park and walk right up to the store now (not that I can actually buy much- unless I get it delivered).
http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/200...ea-hybrid.html

Last edited by JavaJ; 09-05-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Vegetarian
Default Re: IKEA gave me my own parking spot in front of the store!!!

There is some hybrid only parking at a shopping center in Savannah, but noone respects it. There are always non-hybrids parked in the spaces.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It's too weird. I don't want it. I always park in BFE and take a stroll.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Originally Posted by IMAhybrid
There is some hybrid only parking at a shopping center in Savannah, but noone respects it. There are always non-hybrids parked in the spaces.
Call management and/or police. Locations specifically marked are nearly always protected by law.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:51 AM

I was at a new "yuppie" mall in Boulder CO last week and saw "Alternative Fuel Vehicle" spots. My wife and I debated if that meant that we could park there, or if it was meant for something that uses 100% electricity or hydrogen or something. After all, the HCH gets 100% of it's motivation from normal gas. Could an E85 vehicle park there? What if they filled up with normal gas? I know these are rehtorical questions since the parking lot designer probably doesn't lurk here...

There were lots of other spots so we parked in one of them just in case.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

I went to West Texas and they'd never seen a hybrid.

"Cooter, whaddayou rekon that is?"
"I dunno. Lets shoot it."

I try not to get out of my liberal/libertarian enclave much. The general public scares me. Although I will have to wander by the Ikea to see if there are spaces......

Old 09-06-2007, 12:58 PM

Personally I always park at the end of the parking lot face out. A) it is always easy to find an open spot, B) it is good exercise to walk the extra 50 to 75 feet, C) your milage will improve slightly by not having to drive around looking for a spot, and being able to start up and drive forward saves the wasted fuel you would use to back up (why start from a stop twice when you don't have to)

I want hybrid parking at the end of the lot, not near the doors. Fortunately no one parks in those spots so they are always available

Old 09-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Vegetarian

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
Call management and/or police. Locations specifically marked are nearly always protected by law.
I've emailed the management and left notes on cars before. Doesn't seem to have done anything.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Originally Posted by IMAhybrid
I've emailed the management and left notes on cars before. Doesn't seem to have done anything.
Then take a look at the lawbooks and see if you can call the cops. Alternatively, you could always liberate the air they've enslaved within the tires

Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by kristian
I was at a new "yuppie" mall in Boulder CO last week and saw "Alternative Fuel Vehicle" spots. My wife and I debated if that meant that we could park there, or if it was meant for something that uses 100% electricity or hydrogen or something. After all, the HCH gets 100% of it's motivation from normal gas. Could an E85 vehicle park there? What if they filled up with normal gas? I know these are rehtorical questions since the parking lot designer probably doesn't lurk here...

There were lots of other spots so we parked in one of them just in case.
Since our hybrids qualify for the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Colorado Income Tax credits, I'd say they are included.

http://www.revenue.state.co.us/fyi/html/income09.html

Quick Reply: IKEA gave me my own parking spot in front of the store!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands