I Think A Very (Innovative-Idea) Your Thoughts/Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 08:06 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question I Think A Very (Innovative-Idea) Your Thoughts/Opinions?

Hi Everyone; Now this is going to take a little explanation, so hang in hear with me.

I think that it would be safe to say that at least 90% to 95% of you cannot stand the wheels that come on the new 06 HCH and I think to a lesser degree that I could also say alot of people do not think that the 06 HCH stands out from the other Civic Models, Right?

So; with that being said I think I have kinda stumpled upon a solution to get rid of the (Ugly-Wheels) and at the same time make the 06 HCH stand out more.

I'm really considering having the dealer install the (HFP) Honda-Factory-Performance-Package, which gives you the 17" HFP Wheels & Tires, Aero Body Kit, Sport-Tuned Suspension, now add the Honda Factory Fog-Lights & Honda Half-Nose-Mask and I think you would have a "Very-Killer-Looking-Hybrid-Civic".

I realise that you have three things working here:

(1) ................ Cost

(2)................. Weight

(3)................. Fuel Ecomony (FE)

However; I really wonder if the true "FE" (Real-World) driving would suffer that much if we stopped and took a True/Honest look at it.

1ST: Cost; if thats a real concern, then the other two items don't really matter now do they? 2ND: weight, I am not just positive but I think that the additional weight would not be alot more if any than (Pardon-Me-Hear) having a heavy passenger in vehicle, like maybe 225 Lbs. to 250 Lbs. plus in some cases a likewise heavy driver of the same weight class as passenger mentioned. (Comments-Not-Meant-To-Offend-Anyone)
3RD: Fuel-Ecomony (FE); which is certainly dear to almost all of us that are buying Hybrids or now own Hybrids. Point; I think if we (I) simply run more (Air-Pressure) in the 17" Tires than normal that would give a "Lesser" Rolling-Resistance and therefore if this is a correct assumption would add a minimum to "Decreased-FE".

Advantages To Changes:

A really "Good-Looking" (Stand-Out) HCH with much Improved Handling on Dry and Wet roads.

Well;
Everyone I asked For Your Opinions/Thoughts, so What do you all think?

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-29-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: I Think A Very (Innovative-Idea) Your Thoughts/Opinions?

R U sure you can get the HFP with the HCH?

Old 09-29-2005, 08:12 PM

I think nose masks are bad because over time they scratch the paint.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:15 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: I Think A Very (Innovative-Idea) Your Thoughts/Opinions?

Originally Posted by lakedude
R U sure you can get the HFP with the HCH?
I really can't see why not when the Civic Sedan and HCH are the same vehicle.

I had the HFP Package on two of my Honda Accords with the 6-Sp. Trans. in them.
It's really good looking.

Terry

Old 09-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have a couple comments.

First, I believe in the premise that the more people we attract to hybrids, the better off we all will be. Therefore, I am in favor of sacrificing a couple MPGs, if necessary, in the interest of having people say, "Wow, nice car. And it's a hybrid too?!" I would rather have ten people encouraged to get a hybrid, than have myself get a couple extra MPGs.

That's why, when my original HCH tires wear out, I will probably replace the current tires with something which is to me, more aesthetically pleasing.

Secondly: it's your car. You will spend a lot of time in it. Make it look and act the way that improves your car-owning and car-driving experience. My dad was always a big advocate of this, since he spent so much time traveling. Regarding your cost for the performance package, when you amoritize it over time, it's really not that much.

So my opinion is: go ahead, upgrade and enjoy your cool 2006 HCH.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:19 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by tbaleno
I think nose masks are bad because over time they scratch the paint.
You are (Kinda) right, you really have to have a good paint sealer on hood and keep the car/hood clean, can't let dirt build up under mask.

Also I do-not recommend on darker paint. It can show swirl-marks alot more easy but in my case I have the (Alabaster Silver Metallic) color ordered which is no-problem.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-29-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:23 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by coyote
I have a couple comments.

First, I believe in the premise that the more people we attract to hybrids, the better off we all will be. Therefore, I am in favor of sacrificing a couple MPGs, if necessary, in the interest of having people say, "Wow, nice car. And it's a hybrid too?!" I would rather have ten people encouraged to get a hybrid, than have myself get a couple extra MPGs.

That's why, when my original HCH tires wear out, I will probably replace the current tires with something which is to me, more aesthetically pleasing.

Secondly: it's your car. You will spend a lot of time in it. Make it look and act the way that improves your car-owning and car-driving experience. My dad was always a big advocate of this, since he spent so much time traveling. Regarding your cost for the performance package, when you amoritize it over time, it's really not that much.

So my opinion is: go ahead, upgrade and enjoy your cool 2006 HCH.
Chuck; Your a "Man" after my own Heart. As they say around here (Go-Big-Dog).
Thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated.

Terry

Old 09-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Proudest Monkey

It would be interesting to see what affect the new wheels and such have on your overall MPG in comparison to those 2006 HCH's people have NOT modified...I can't imagine it would be too much. But when all is said and done, do what works for YOU. it's your car wich you bought with (I assume) your money. Make it reflect you and your tastes, if you wish. Besides, if it looks sexy, people will realize its a hybrid, and that can open up a few more eyes to them (as the previous poster mentioned).
Cheers!

Old 09-29-2005, 08:37 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by Atomic Frog
It would be interesting to see what affect the new wheels and such have on your overall MPG in comparison to those 2006 HCH's people have NOT modified...I can't imagine it would be too much. But when all is said and done, do what works for YOU. it's your car wich you bought with (I assume) your money. Make it reflect you and your tastes, if you wish. Besides, if it looks sexy, people will realize its a hybrid, and that can open up a few more eyes to them (as the previous poster mentioned).
Cheers!
Hi John; Well I really have to confess, Are you ready? I'm a married fellow so I am going to admit that, well, it's kinda my money as long as she lets it be. Hey; thanks for the comments and yes I think alot more people would do alot more looking if the HCH was a little more dressed out.

Later

Terry

Old 09-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Tigerhonaker:

___I still hate the HCH-II’s wheels but love the 06 EX’s. I believe both use the same size tire and maybe even the same tire? Either way, if you lost .5 mpg using the EX’s rim, that would not be a problem but 17” wheels are going to hurt a bit more then that. It is not just higher pressures for less RR, it is weight and contact patch. I can almost guarantee those 17” are going to hurt more then you would think. Besides the lower FE, you have more strain on the CVT and pack. I am recommending that you not even pursue the 17’s as it is a mistake for the sake of trying to look cool.

___Please do a search on Lars-ss’ hypermiling lesson with a fellow HCH pilot about 1 month ago. She was having trouble achieving 35 mpg IIRC. He nailed down the EPA with her in it but what he found when he pulled up was this woman’s husband had placed 17’s on that poor thing and literally killed it! I would have been ticked off to no end if I would have seen that and Lars-ss had no idea what he was walking into. He still achieved excellent FE (beat the EPA) but nothing near what he could have if it wasn’t shackled with those ****ed overweight boots …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Quick Reply: I Think A Very (Innovative-Idea) Your Thoughts/Opinions?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands