How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

I got nothing for nothing, 24,200 w/ navi but the only car in area avalible unless I wanted to wait untill mid june,also had to pay 300 mud guards and wheel locks, yep they got me.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by boneyt98
I got nothing for nothing, 24,200 w/ navi but the only car in area avalible unless I wanted to wait untill mid june,also had to pay 300 mud guards and wheel locks, yep they got me.
Did that $24,200 include tax, license and registration? Anyway, if so, that's a good deal. I've been looking for a while now and must have contact every dealer in California and Phoenix (I own a few houses out there) and this $26,023 is the best I've been able to get thus far, but this includes tax, license, regitration, desitination, mud guards, dimming mirror, floor mats and wheel locks.

Congrats!!

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited by shawnb; 05-05-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Enthusiast

Shawnb...you got a great deal for present conditions in California. Most dealers, at least in the SF Bay area are still charging major mark-ups ($2000-$3000) on top of msrp. That would put you at the 26k mark without counting tax, license or any of the accessories.

I thought I did good getting straight msrp with some mats and wheel locks. But adding in tax, license and destination I was about at your price WITHOUT the dimming mirror or splash guards. Way to go. You done good!

Congrats and good luck.

Dan

(Don't mind the mpg signature, I haven't refuled yet but I couldn't resist setting it up )

Old 05-06-2006, 05:31 AM
Enthusiast

I got quite confused at the dealership playing with numbers, I got 13000 for my trade which I still owed 10000, so the way they figured it I paid 11170 for new car I think, so I paid taxes on that amount, which helped, I financed 22something taxes, reg, are all in that. There was no difference in finance rate up to 63 months. But im glad I drove it off the lot I love my car...

Old 05-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast

Started my search 2 weeks ago for 06 HCH /no nav. Wanted Mag Pearl or Silver to insure the Navy interior. I called and e-mailed appx 10 dealers within 150 miles. The best deal was an internet price of 21715 plus 218 for plate and registration, 21933 total. No dealer add-ons, no sales tax in OR.

Originally I was told there would be a 4-6 week wait for the mag pearl. Got a call a few days later saying they had a silver one on the lot, it had just arrived. Picked up the car 2 days later. Never had a better car buying experience. Got a better price than expected (at the agreed price with no additional haggling or surprises) and was driving away a short time later.

Other dealers in the state wanted MSRP give or take a few hundred. Most added dealer options; mudflaps, floor mat package, pinstripes, etc to bump up the price even more. Dealers I spoke to said they would sell this car with options at or above MSRP because of the demand, and after viewing this thread it seems to be true in most places.

We can't get enough of this car. Trying to maximize mileage adds a whole new dimension to driving. Currently at 45.6 MPG on the first tank combined driving and looking forward to that first fillup to confirm the gauge.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Enthusiast

SF Bay area - I got mine for MSRP of $22,700 at Hansel Honda in Petaluma (plus paid tax & lic but don't like to convolute pricing story as that amount goes to state of Cali). I just happen to see car on CraigsList for MSRP as another buyer cancelled order. I tried to purchase sight unseen and never test drove but sales person (Steve O) talked me out of it, wanted me to be sure of purchase and happy with it. I came in next day (last Thur), drove for 5 minutes and said, "I'll take it." He and another person drove it to my house in the bay area about 90 miles away. My understanding is that they'll order one for you at MSRP[B]

Old 05-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Enthusiast

We paid $21116 plus tax and license for an '06 HCH, in Bremerton, WA (about an hour ferry ride from Seattle). We ordered it in early March, and it arrived last week. We contacted a number of dealers in the Seattle area (and the extended suburbs) via email and websites, and they were the only one to quote us less than MSRP. Most were significantly above MSRP.

Old 05-21-2006, 11:29 AM
7d7
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JayTea
SF Bay area - I got mine for MSRP of $22,700 at Hansel Honda in Petaluma (plus paid tax & lic but don't like to convolute pricing story as that amount goes to state of Cali). I just happen to see car on CraigsList for MSRP as another buyer cancelled order.[B]
I also saw the Craigslist post and tried to get the same car but you got to it before me! Every other dealer in the Bay that I called which had any in stock had a 2-3K markup. I then lucked out and found another one that happened to be in the same color/trim at Merced Honda for the same $22,700 MSRP and it actually ended up being a few miles closer than Petaluma.

The people there were very easy to deal with & did not try any high pressure sales tactics to try and tack on options or the extended warranty. Couldnt get what I wanted on my 99 civic si trade-in but they were straightforward and said they knew I would get rid of it privately for what I wanted with no problems. With the exception of not being able to trade-in my old car it was a no hassle deal and not financing made things a lot easier. In the end, driving an additional 40-50 miles was well worth the smooth transaction and 2-3K savings.

Had the AC on during the trip back through the hills and only got ~42mpg. The next day on my 30+ mile commute to work I got ~49mpg and the next day even managed a 53.6. Even though half the time I drive it like I stole it my overall average is still ~45 mpg.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

I paid the 24200 sticker for a HCH 2006 with navi in Minneapolis: Hopkins Honda.

Old 05-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

How do like the Navi?

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands