View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with your HCH II
Yes
54.55%
No
3.03%
Neither
0%
Don't own one (I just added this so I don't have to click view results all the time ) tbaleno
42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

How Many (NEW 06 HCHll) Owners Are Satisified

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 09:43 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question How Many (NEW 06 HCHll) Owners Are Satisified

How many of you New-Owners of the 2006 HCH ll are still satisfied

with your "Purchase"????

If for some reason you are (NOT), Why Not ???

If you are still (Satisified) with your HCH ll Purchase, Why ???

Terry

BTW: Don't Forget To;(Fill-Out-The-POLL)

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 12-04-2005 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Forgot=To=Ask=You; (PLEASE-DO-POLL)
Old 12-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How Many (NEW 06 HCHll) Owners Are Satisified

Very satisfied! Honda has taken the Hybrid crown from Toyota. I just hit 60mpg for the first time on the freeway (very briefly) @ about approx 950 miles. I usually hover around 50mpg. Really enjoying the memory card reader/nav system. Looking forward to the ipod nav cable. Wonderful drive, a tad noisy and tight tho. I may be pruchasing a 2006 Prius soon as an alternate vehicle, so it'll be interesting to compare the two.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chocomario
Very satisfied! Honda has taken the Hybrid crown from Toyota. I just hit 60mpg for the first time on the freeway (very briefly) @ about approx 950 miles. I usually hover around 50mpg. Really enjoying the memory card reader/nav system. Looking forward to the ipod nav cable. Wonderful drive, a tad noisy and tight tho. I may be pruchasing a 2006 Prius soon as an alternate vehicle, so it'll be interesting to compare the two.
Do you know if the Navi system is bluetooth compatible (I think like the Prius) so you can answer your phone through the voice system?

Old 12-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think you have to move to the Acura line to gain bluetooth compatibility.

Old 12-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Enthusiast

Very satisfied, I love this car, i traded an S6 4 wheel drive 4.2 very very fast car for this smaller car and that was the greatest move i have made. I do noy like that my car is only getting 35-37 mpg, otherwise thois car is nice to drive.

Old 12-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

I couldn't be happier after about 1,500 miles. Mpg is right where I'd hoped (45-53) it's quiet, comfortable, and the 160w radio/cd/aux ROCKS. Got my XM Roadie 2 and my MP3 player competing for the aux jack, and life is good.

Don

Old 12-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Enthusiast
Red face Re: How Many (NEW 06 HCHll) Owners Are Satisified

Good morning!

This is my first post. I've had Hondas in the our family for over 15 years : 91 Civic DX Sedan, 95 Civic CX Hatchback, 97 CR-V, 99 Civic LX, 04 CR-V, and 04 Accord LX. On the side, I've had a Ford Taurus (adequate teen car), and an 02 Camry (great and reliable, but too cush a ride). None of the Hondas has ever had a problem beyond routine maintenance, and a couple brake jobs on the 91.

I traded in an 05 MINI Cooper S for my 06 Hybrid w/NAVI and haven't looked back. At 400 miles, I'm averaging 48 mpg. But, the finest part is the surprise at how well Sadie handles and the quiet, smooth road feel. Plus, the Opal Blue is a spectacular color.

So, you bet I am satisfied, and expect many years of pleasure and peace of mind.

I do have a question: is there an after market XM receiver that I can plug in? I just don't want to spend the $ on the OEM.

Tschuss,
50Plus

Old 12-04-2005, 11:52 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: How Many (NEW 06 HCHll) Owners Are Satisified

Originally Posted by 50Plus
Good morning!

This is my first post. I've had Hondas in the our family for over 15 years : 91 Civic DX Sedan, 95 Civic CX Hatchback, 97 CR-V, 99 Civic LX, 04 CR-V, and 04 Accord LX. On the side, I've had a Ford Taurus (adequate teen car), and an 02 Camry (great and reliable, but too cush a ride). None of the Hondas has ever had a problem beyond routine maintenance, and a couple brake jobs on the 91.

I traded in an 05 MINI Cooper S for my 06 Hybrid w/NAVI and haven't looked back. At 400 miles, I'm averaging 48 mpg. But, the finest part is the surprise at how well Sadie handles and the quiet, smooth road feel. Plus, the Opal Blue is a spectacular color.

So, you bet I am satisfied, and expect many years of pleasure and peace of mind.

I do have a question: is there an after market XM receiver that I can plug in? I just don't want to spend the $ on the OEM.

Tschuss,
50Plus
Welcome Judy to (GreenHybrid) and Yes there are members here that have used the after market X/M units. I think one is the (Roadie) "spelling". Check out the Threads here and I'm sure you will find the different names of the ones they are using. There is more than one as I remember. I ordered the X/M Accessory from Honda for mine.

Welcome-On-Board:

Terry

Old 12-04-2005, 11:55 AM

Yes, you can buy any external XM or Sirius unit and plug it in to the AUX input jack (and one of the two power outlets for power). This is much much cheaper but it occupies those two ports and it isn't integrated with the radio controls, so you have to use the little buttons on the unit itself.

Old 12-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

I use the XM Roadie 2. Cost is about $50 (or less depending upon where you go). It sits in it's car-mount (included) right behind the gear-shift/brake and plugs into the 12v adapter (above it) and the aux port. Wires run under the mat on the passenger floor and out the door. The sat antenna (magnetic) sits right on the front column by the passenger door and is pretty unobtrusive.

The reason I did that is two-fold: 1st, even though the stock radio is XM-ready, the dealer install instructions dictate that they'll tear half the car apart installing the XM receiver. Didn't want that. Also, it was way too expensive ($700-$800 including labor!). For $50 (+ month-to-month membership), I can decide if I really like XM before blowing too much cash on it.

Good luck, and welcome to the club!

Don

Quick Reply: How Many (NEW 06 HCHll) Owners Are Satisified

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands