How did you deal with the waiting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How did you deal with the waiting?

Originally Posted by livvie
Try waiting for a Mini Cooper build then you will know what it really feels like to wait for a car.
Yep - My little sister just bought one. The cool thing is that they give you 'tracking' information (I guess in the form of your VIN), so you can follow your car the whole way through the assembly line....even onto the boat. Apparently you can then track the boat's progress across the Atlantic.

I think my sister was waiting in the parking lot when the truck pulled in with her Mini.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Sheniferous, As the other have said, the information you will learn from "those that are blazing the trail" on this fourm is great. Let those that have taken deleivery early work out the kinks and get answers to all your questions

Originally Posted by JimHolmgren
I live in York, PA and work in downtown Baltimore, so I'm not that far from DC.
Jim, that is a nice little ride for you. About 60 miles / 1 Hr each way? Do you park in downtown Baltimore and take advantage of the Hybrid parking privilage? (it is Baltimore that is doing that right?)

Old 02-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Larry - I'm not aware of any special Hybrid parking here (not saying there isn't), but I work on a 'campus' of office buildings. I work about 2 miles from Fort McHenry and we have parking lots for employee parking.

My commute is 65 miles one-way (hence my original decision to buy an Insight) and it can take anywhere from 1.25 hours to 3 hours, depending on when I leave and what the weather is like. Man, I HATE rainy days.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JimHolmgren
Yep - My little sister just bought one. The cool thing is that they give you 'tracking' information (I guess in the form of your VIN), so you can follow your car the whole way through the assembly line....even onto the boat. Apparently you can then track the boat's progress across the Atlantic.

I think my sister was waiting in the parking lot when the truck pulled in with her Mini.
Yeup, that is what I did with mine. I was lucky too, I got in right at the end of the production run so my order was taken the very next day. Usually you have to wait up to 2-3 month to get a slot in the production line. Then from that point the cars take about 2 month get to final destination.