How did you deal with the waiting?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Unhappy How did you deal with the waiting?

Okay, my 06 HCH should be in by mid February or so, but **** I am getting extremely anxious!

First off, with the DMV handing out 200 HOV stickers a day, the 50,000 stickers are going to be used up soon... if I can't get one of those stickers (one of the more important reasons I decided to get the HCH) I may just have to forge some....

...but seriously, I'm on pins and needles waiting for my hybrid to come in, and I've even started practicing hybrid driving techniques with my Element (getting a peak of 25.14mpg over a tank, beating the previous record of 23.49mpg and beating my average of about 20mpg).

So then, how did you pass your time while waiting for your dealer to call you and say "your new hybrid is in"?

Old 01-31-2006, 05:15 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Talking Re: How did you deal with the waiting?

Sheniferous,

I spent alot of time reading the GH posts, checking out the database, and clarifying and ordering the Honda accessories that I wanted. I also called the salesman about every three days. By the time my car came in, about 6 weeks, every person at the dealership knew me my name & that I was waiting for my HCH - LOL! Good luck with your order!

Old 01-31-2006, 05:27 AM
YA RLY.
Default Re: How did you deal with the waiting?

I only waited for about three days. Didn't feel the need to go stir crazy

Old 01-31-2006, 06:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Here's an idea, buy a 2005. :-)

Old 01-31-2006, 06:44 AM

Not to get your hopes up ...

I had the same thing. I ordered it at the beginning of January and it had a January 18th build date. Given that, I was told mid to the end of February. I was shocked when on January 23rd (the day I was going to call my salesperson to find out if it was built), he called me to say it was on the way. I got it the next week. Things work out the way they are supposed to. Just sit back and enjoy the process. It will be here before you know it.

Old 01-31-2006, 06:49 AM
Brains of the Operation

Originally Posted by zimbop
Here's an idea, buy a 2005. :-)
Yeah - tell you what Sheniferous, you can have my 2005 now if you give me your 2006 when it comes in. I'm really good at waiting.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Donald
Sheniferous,

I spent alot of time reading the GH posts, checking out the database, and clarifying and ordering the Honda accessories that I wanted. I also called the salesman about every three days. By the time my car came in, about 6 weeks, every person at the dealership knew me my name & that I was waiting for my HCH - LOL! Good luck with your order!
I've done the same thing. I guess it's a good thing I didn't get it right away - since I had plenty of time, I've gone through almost all the threads here. The 'XM-Ready' thread alone saved me a bunch of money.

Unfortunately I originally ordered my HCH in OCTOBER so I've been waiting a lot longer than I originally anticipated (long story posted elsewhere).

It should be here in late March/early April. I already promised my sales guy that I would quit bugging him once a week until I hear from him with a delivery date.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:58 AM

Wow, Jim. I think you'll get the record for waiting the longest. There isn't another dealer around there that would have the one you want for a good price? How far are you from the D.C. area?

Old 02-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZMerf
Wow, Jim. I think you'll get the record for waiting the longest. There isn't another dealer around there that would have the one you want for a good price? How far are you from the D.C. area?
I originally ordered it in mid-October from a dealer in my area (before they even existed in the US) - it arrived shortly before Christmas - and it was the wrong color! I ordered MP, they got Galaxy Gray. Long story short - they basically shrugged and said 'this is it, take it or leave it'. So I walked away. No apologies...nothing. The sales manager tried to tell me it was my 2nd choice. Excuse me??? If I ORDERED the car, why would I have to give a 2nd choice on color?

Anyway...I ordered it from another dealer in my area, who are actually giving me a terrific trade-in on my Insight...so given that they are giving me $7,000 trade in on my '01 Insight with 130,000 miles - I'll wait for them to get it. Apparently MP with Navi is next to impossible to get on a dealer-trade.
I live in York, PA and work in downtown Baltimore, so I'm not that far from DC.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:46 AM

Try waiting for a Mini Cooper build then you will know what it really feels like to wait for a car.

Quick Reply: How did you deal with the waiting?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands