Honda Hybrid commercials?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Honda Hybrid commercials?

Ever since I started considering buying a Hybrid (which wasn't that long ago), I've been on the look out for Hybrid commercials on TV. I've seen the Toyota Camry Hybrid commercial and the Ford Escape Hybrid commercial. And a while back I remember seeing the Prius commercial.

What seems a bit weird is that I don't recall seeing any Honda Hybrid vehicle commercial. Nothing about the Civic Hybrid. And nothing about the Honda Accord Hybrid. Does Honda not want to sell their hybrids? Till a short while back the only hybrid I knew about was the Prius.

So has anyone ever seen a Honda Civic Hybrid commercial?

Old 05-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Honda Hybrid commercials?

This may refresh your memory.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V86wJWtP8Y

Old 05-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by 2007HCHOttawa
So has anyone ever seen a Honda Civic Hybrid commercial?
Yes, I recall seeing an Accord and Civic Hybrid comercial about a year ago. The Accord is going to fade into the sunset soon so no point advertising for that one.

The Civic Hybrid production is at its limit capacity and until Honda completes its hybrid manufacturing expansion, there really is no point advertising too much. Honda has been pushing 3-5 thousand units a year more than what their baseline capacity originally allowed them to.

Many countries have long waiting list on the HCH-II. For instance, I have a 45 day wait for my new 07. As we speak it won't be built for another 2 weeks.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 05-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Vegetarian

There was also a commercial for the first gen civic hybrid, it was facing off against a gas pump with someone trying to figure out where to plug it in. I could be combining two different ones.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

The Accord Hybrid is going away? Makes sense ... its so bloody expensive and the Camry Hybrid just looks nicer is cheaper and more fuel efficient.

I haven't seen any of the commercials. And checking out the youtube link tells me that even if I'd seen it ... I probably wouldnt remember

Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2007HCHOttawa
The Accord Hybrid is going away? Makes sense ... its so bloody expensive and the Camry Hybrid just looks nicer is cheaper and more fuel efficient.

I haven't seen any of the commercials. And checking out the youtube link tells me that even if I'd seen it ... I probably wouldnt remember
I believe Honda dropped the ball on the Accord Hybrid. Making it a V6 just killed the MPG. If they would have done what Toyota did with the Camry I would have purchased an Accord over my Camry.
Camry - 38MPG
Accord - 30 (at best?) MPG

Old 05-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast