Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Finally!

I bought our first HCHII last fall and our 2nd at the end of this winter. So, I have only had the opportunity to drive these cars in less than ideal weather. Even when I have a few good trips, some crappy weather would roll in and ruin the tank. Consequently most of my tanks have been in the 39-42 range.

FINALLY, I have a respectable tank of 46.2!

I know this is small beans, but I have been waiting for a long time for this.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Finally!

Hi noflash,

Congratulations! I know just how you have felt with those winter time numbers.

Bought my 2006 HCH-II in Oct. 2006 and live through the cold Northeast winters.
My best tank was my last one which matched yours.

Last week I had a doctor's appointment about 6 miles away and was shocked to get
a reading of 80mpg as I pulled into his parking lot. The round trip came in at 63mpg.
This meant I got a "respectable" 46mpg on the way home. This was my best round trip
ever, although for a very short distance. I would estimate the elevation difference was
in the neighborhood of 250ft. The temperature was about 77 Deg. F.

My current tank is 49mpg and still trying to break 50mpg.

Keep up the good work.

Galileo

Just checked Google and the actual elevation difference is about 285ft.

G.

Last edited by Galileo; 05-14-2007 at 07:17 PM. Reason: To correct an elevation difference between end points of a trip.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Finally!

Originally Posted by noflash
I bought our first HCHII last fall and our 2nd at the end of this winter. So, I have only had the opportunity to drive these cars in less than ideal weather. Even when I have a few good trips, some crappy weather would roll in and ruin the tank.
The warmer weather is GREAT! In addition to the weather, we took the Civic for a first real road trip (greater than 1000 miles RT) two weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's the highway miles/engine break-in or the warm weather, but I've been getting some crazy numbers lately. I got 63mpg on my 10 mile commute home Friday and 67mpg on a 20 mile round trip yesterday.

K (loves the weather now, but will complain when it's warm enough to want the A/C)