Hello From New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Owner
Default Hello From New Owner

Hello Everyone,

I have been watching this Forum for a couple of weeks now and have learned a lot. I received a call from my dealer today that my 06 HCH w/NAVI arrived last night. I am scheduled to pick it up tomorrow. I am kind of nervous on how car will feel on the road from what I have read about the tires on Hybrids. I am trading in a 05 VW Touareg V8 that I picked up in April. She will be missed but I will not miss the $20 a day gas receipts. My dealer is selling the car to me at MSRP. My Salesperson thought XM radio came active on the HCH so he is giving me a $500 gas card for his mistake. I will post some pictures soon as its suppose to snow tomorrow night here in Virginia.

Thanks,
Richard

Old 12-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello From New Owner

$500 gas card?! You're not going to have to pay gas for months!!

what a deal. congrats on the buy. don't forget to read the HS-FAS ev mode post so you can see what is really capable of your car

Old 12-07-2005, 05:24 PM

Your salesperson made an honest mistake; the coupe w/ nav does come with XM included, but the sedan and hybrid do not. Very generous of him to give you the gas card... sounds like a great dealer.

The tires are perfectly fine even for hard braking and fairly quick cornering, although they will feel slippery on the highway until they get broken in. But they're still mildly annoying when steering on the highway @ 1500 miles so I've ordered replacements already. They're definitely not unsafe though, especially when broken in. Honda is not stupid enough to make the default tires worthless, especially since safety and braking tests are done with stock everything.

Last edited by CGameProgrammer; 12-07-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Contributor ($)

S2k4ever,
Welcome to GreenHybrid. $500 gas card. Nice service recovery by the sales person. I was checking out the Civic today. I'm sure you'll love the ride.

Last edited by ericbecky; 12-08-2005 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast

1st time poster here. Congrats on your purchase, I myself *just* paid for mine, now awaiting shipment. Got it for MSRP just like you, (after days of calling around).

I just quickly want to thank CGameProgrammer, for his info about MSRP at a dealer in San Diego. Talked to the same guy you did, everything went smooth! Lots of other dealers wanted as much as 3000 over suggested price!

Old 12-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Good deal. Who is the dealer in San Diego. I am going to trade in my Escape very soon and am getting excited.

Old 12-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Enthusiast

I went to Fuller Honda, in Chula Vista, a bit south of San Diego. Talked to the Internet Sales Department. I currently have to wait 2 weeks, but I think its worth it.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Patience, grasshopper. No need to waive a big tax CREDIT, that's only 25 days away

Old 12-07-2005, 09:14 PM

Actually he already signed the paperwork so he can't get the credit. Not a big deal though; I was more than happy to pick up my car 3 weeks ago and forfeit the tax credit, and it's totally worth it. I've already put on 1600 miles. In any case the $1500 forfeited wouldn't be received until mid-2007 so whatever.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, unfortunately my 1995 Civic EX has a blown head cylinder.. servicemen said its done... so, went with the Hybrid order and forcing my brother to drive me to work til car ships in.

Hoping for another good 10 years with a Honda. =)

Quick Reply: Hello From New Owner

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands