HCH Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Enthusiast
Cool HCH Accessories

Hello... when I bought my HCH, my salesman told me that Honda did not make a trunk mat for the HCH, and the Civic trunk mat would not fit because the battery pack in the HCH gave you less room in the trunk. Would the Civic mat fit if you cut off the excess at the end? Or has anyone found an after-market mat that fits? Thanks for any info.

Jimbob

Old 05-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH Accessories

i couldnt find any trunk mat to fit the hch online

the honda trunk mat would work if you cut off the excess at the end, but it sure wouldn't look pretty unless you have a steady hand and a good jigsaw

if you do end up getting it, don't purchase it at full price - get it from www.handaccessories.com or www.hondaautomotiveparts.com or dig around for accessories coupons from your dealer. they really overprice accessories, and you deserve not to be ripped off by them

Old 05-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Enthusiast

Buy the factory mat, measure how much would need to be trimmed off, then take it to an auto upholstery shop. They can cut it, and then professionally finish it off with a binding to make it look ggod and keep it from raveling.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Eye am teh smartey

Or save your money and just duct tape the edge

Old 08-09-2005, 02:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

i believe if you call the people at weathertech.com they will be able to custom make you a fitted cargo mat, i plan on doing the same.

Old 08-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

well i e-mailed weathertech and here's what they had to say:

Unfortunately, we do not have a custom cargo liner for that vehicle and we won't have it for a while. Please check back with us in a few months to see if we have and other information at that time, or fill out an application request form by following the link at the bottom of this page.

If you have any further questions, call us at 1-800-441-6287.

Sincerely,

MacNeil Automotive

http://www.weathertech.com/requestapplication/
so if you guys want the cargo mat, or even if you don't, please click on the link and request it anyhow. you may change your mind and reconsider it later and it's just nice to know you'd be able to get it if ya wanted it