Had to stop recording mileage!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Hybrid True Believer
Default Had to stop recording mileage!

I got a really cool job recently, but my drive is the absolute worst-case scenario for a 2003 civic hybrid. I now have a 4 mile drive to work that involves over a dozen traffic lights. My speed never gets above 30 MPH. The result is that I'm now getting only 35 MPG. Oh well. I still love the car. A non-hybrid would get hosed with this kind of drive, too.

I'm not going to record My FE anymore, Since I don't want my unusual driving situation to skew the database.

Old 12-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Had to stop recording mileage!

Oh, no, Chris! Please continue. The database should include both high- and low-mileage drivers. That's why it's "real!" We're not just looking for hypermilers. Think about how many people take their cars on camping trips... on the beach... or let their 16-year-olds drive it. You're a real person with real driving habits, and that's what we're after.

I'm sorry about your scenario but please don't stop contributing!

Old 12-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AshenGrey
I got a really cool job recently, but my drive is the absolute worst-case scenario for a 2003 civic hybrid. I now have a 4 mile drive to work that involves over a dozen traffic lights. My speed never gets above 30 MPH. The result is that I'm now getting only 35 MPG. Oh well. I still love the car. A non-hybrid would get hosed with this kind of drive, too.

I'm not going to record My FE anymore, Since I don't want my unusual driving situation to skew the database.

Really you need to still add your milage as this is the only way people can get a clear vision of what hybrids are like. So what if you don't get the milage you got before it all adds value to REAL world number for MPG!! Please keep the numbers what ever the are coming.
You say unusual numbers, I say you just have a different drive and THESE are what you can get with this type of drive. Not everyone has perfect drives for max. mileage.kevin

Old 12-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Yes please continue. If it is too embarrassing you can remove your real time mileage signature. I'd hate for everybody to assume that it is easy to beat EPA figures.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:53 PM

I agree with the others. The database is useless if people only put in "good" numbers.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think, that by this board's nature, our database's numbers will be somewhat skewed. As long as we keep that in mind, we'll be ok.

Don

Old 12-30-2005, 04:43 AM
Enthusiastically Active

Originally Posted by Jason
I'm sorry about your scenario but please don't stop contributing!
I wouldn't feel to bad about his scenario, he is only driving 4 miles to work, so he is ultimately using very little fossil fuel on a daily basis.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:00 AM
'lectronimo

Originally Posted by AshenGrey

Your driving habits are not that unusual. For the first 9 mos of '05 I had a similar commute. (2 mi, round trip, twice a day) I was driving an '05 HCH and got similar mileage. Before I purchased the HCH I was driving an '03 Accord, non-hybrid, that car got about 20 mph or less on the same commute route.

Your results are important as other have already stated, keep up the postings.

Old 12-30-2005, 06:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Compute your milage with a non-hybrid car over the same drive... then you won't feel so bad. You are always going to have people read numbers and not understand them and to those people there is no helping them.

Old 12-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 07:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Had to stop recording mileage!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands