Floormats

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:02 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Floormats

I bought some rubber floor mats at W*l m*rt for $30. They keep the majority of the dirt off of the carpet, which was especially important because I want to sell my car and keep the resale value up. The original floor mats are in the trunk. But you're right, the quality of the carpet really seems to be lacking.
-
Martin

Old 03-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have beige mats and I have a hole in mine. I'm going to get it replaced today (hopefully).

Old 03-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Hybrid Owner

If Colby has a hole in his, does that now make him Swiss?

(Thank You, Thank You, don't forget to tip your waiter on the way out)

Old 03-10-2008, 01:20 PM

Well I'm at the stealership right now and it seems like theyre going to replace them. He told me that they only replace them once and after that more wear and tear is not covered. I guess I should take good care of my replacement. Or go to a different dealer next time I wear through them.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Hybrid Owner

No lie, I kept a pair of houseshoes in the drivers side pocket of my miata...the extra 1/2" of leg room made the difference in being comfortable and not being comfortable and significantly reduced the amount of wear on the floormats.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have been very happy with the Weathertech floor mats in our Volvos for some years. They seem to wear forever, and collect the water that I track into the car.

They are made of real rubber, and the only objection I've had to them is the smell when they are new. (As I child, I had severe asthma from a rubber hand puppet, but at least I'm not wheezing.)

The best deal, including shipping cost, I've found on Weathertech is, strangely enough, at http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/ms266.html
Herrington claims they're "from England." They used to be made in the UK, but the ones I just got are made in the USA and were directly shipped from the manufacturer (and cheaper than the manufacturer's site!). Even cheaper if you catch a sale or free-shipping deal at Herrington.

It's where I bought them for my HCH, and they fit wonderfully. Disclaimer: no connection with Herrington or Weathertech other than being a customer)

Old 03-12-2008, 06:33 PM

My Honda dealer agreed to replace the floormats. He said that he is only able to replace wear and tear parts once, so I will only get one set of floor mats. I can post up my receipt if anyone wants to see it (otherwise I won't bother).

Old 03-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
My Honda dealer agreed to replace the floormats. He said that he is only able to replace wear and tear parts once, so I will only get one set of floor mats. I can post up my receipt if anyone wants to see it (otherwise I won't bother).
Would be helpful to see...

Thanks,
Lansing

Old 03-12-2008, 08:51 PM

No Problem. Here is the estimate and the receipt.....

(I was notified two days later that the mats were ready)

Old 03-13-2008, 05:35 PM

I would like to get all season floor mats (or at least one for the driver's side), so this doesn't happen again. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get them?
THX

Quick Reply: Floormats

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands