A few things I'd improve...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default A few things I'd improve...

I LOVE my '06 HCH... but I've just discovered two things which could use some improvement:

1) The rear brake light (HMSL... High Mount Stop Lamp) has some bleed through, meaning that when the light is on, it reflects on the back glass. On most other vehicles, this glare is not noticeable. Today, while cleaning the interior glass, I noticed the problem... there is absolutely NO gasket or seal between the glass and the raised molded plastic of the rear deck (which houses the lamp assembly). This is why the light reflects on the glass. In addition, while spraying glass cleaner on the back glass, some dripped down into the lamp area. If a gasket was there, this wouldn't have happened! Is it possible Honda just left out my gasket? This is a pretty significant omission... I can't believe they'd purposely leave this out! Do any of your HCHII's have a rear lamp gasket?

2) Another glass cleaning discovery... the dash (speedo) hump is so close to the windshield that I can't possibly get my hand in there to clean the glass. Does anyone have any tricks for getting into this area?

Thanks!

Old 05-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: A few things I'd improve...

1) I think it is actually intentional to have a little bit of gap there. It lets the driver know when the brake light is on/off.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: A few things I'd improve...

Originally Posted by Jacky
1) I think it is actually intentional to have a little bit of gap there. It lets the driver know when the brake light is on/off.
+1, I think the "bleed through" is a good idea. Either Honda was cheap or smart.