Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 06:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Ok, we have one in NH and one in S. CA! And they come in at San Diego?? Any idea how this can be?

Last edited by Jeffey; 11-10-2005 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Enthusiast

Mine was shipped from Japan to Seattle, WA, then rail to Minnesota.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:23 AM

They come in at various shipping ports, one of which is San Diego, from what I understand.

My So-Cal dealer just e-mailed me half an hour ago to tell me a silver and two galaxy-gray non-nav HCHs arrived late last night. I'll drive over today to check them out, possibly taking a half-day at work if I can get away with it (dubious).

Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

From an earlier post, the car is Galaxy Grey, Correct? Just asking as the top photo almost makes it look Brown (which isn't even an avaialble color), however the second Picture looks like Grey

Old 11-10-2005, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by lkewin
From an earlier post, the car is Galaxy Grey, Correct? Just asking as the top photo almost makes it look Brown (which isn't even an avaialble color), however the second Picture looks like Grey
Galaxy Gray actually is brown in certain lighting. It appears like regular flat gray in indirect lighting but is the color of mud in sunlight and other direct lighting. The name is poorly chosen.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Accidental Hybrid Fan

Yes my car is Galaxy Grey. its a sandy grey. you can just make out my Miata in the back. that car is Titanium Grey.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Enthusiast

my opal silver blue w nav came in lastnight. everything went suprisingly smooth. i was going to go w a blue interior but after seeing it, i didnt think it looked flush with the grey plastic interior. compared to 2003 hch i mostly noticed the size, standard audio, and comfort to be the main improvements. steering is also much tighter. dont know if its my imagination but it seems a tad louder. can someone recommend an xm adapter or car audio shop in the san francisco bay area to install? thanks..

Old 11-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chocomario
my opal silver blue w nav came in lastnight. everything went suprisingly smooth. i was going to go w a blue interior but after seeing it, i didnt think it looked flush with the grey plastic interior. compared to 2003 hch i mostly noticed the size, standard audio, and comfort to be the main improvements. steering is also much tighter. dont know if its my imagination but it seems a tad louder. can someone recommend an xm adapter or car audio shop in the san francisco bay area to install? thanks..
Congrats Mario! What dealer did you use? Did you pay MSRP (if you don't mind me asking)?

Old 11-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Some folks have asked, and I apologize for not immediately responding with what I paid for my car. I guess I'm a little embarrassed, but I paid MSRP + $1,995. They called it a 'market adjustment'. Well, I'm not so much embarrassed as much as so NOT into being told how screwed I got. I'm satisfied with my new 06 HCH. I got the color I wanted, the equipment I wanted and I got it first. That makes me happy. Can I cost-justify this purchase against a Focus with 35mpg? No. But that's not the point. Am I an eco-weenie? No. Am I a techno-weenie? Yes, you bet I am. Do I drive 84 miles a day round trip and would like the option of using the carpool lane? Abso-freaking-lutely.

Besides -- it was costing me $100/wk to fill up my Dodge Ram Diesel. This'll be way better.

So.... the $1,995 was worth it to me. Hey, guess what? I'm not embarrassed anymore.

Don

Old 11-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NASAgineer
Congrats Mario! What dealer did you use? Did you pay MSRP (if you don't mind me asking)?
thanks. hendricks in el cerrito, ca. i was the first on list and negotiated msrp at that time. great dealership for no insistance for accessories or financing etc

Quick Reply: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands